Women's BB - Shocks vs Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's BB - Shocks vs Bradley

Lady Shocks due to have some things go their way. Whitney, Jacie and Taylor will come back to play much better than they did vs UNI.

Shocks will slip by Bradley 67 - 61.

Hey a tie for 9th is better than alone in 10th.

:bball_spin:

Shocks up by 13 with 7:00 minutes to play hold off a Bradley rally to hold on for a 56-53 win.

Kiki Stephens with three big buckets late (her only 6 points) and Whitney Rice with some clutch free throws at the end to cap a career high 18 point scoring effort to lead the Shocks.

Marcy Sudbeck with a big offensive rebound after a Shocker miss with the score at 54-53. Forced Bradley to foul Whitney.

Shocks with one of their better games shooting the 3-ball.

Glad to see a little sun shine on the Ladies.

Comment

I might be in the minority here, but I feel that it isn't good when they actually do win one every once in a while. They need to just lose out to make replacing Jane easier. If they keep this 2 losses to 1 win thing going on, it might make it a little easier to keep her around, and that wouldn't be a good thing IMO.

Comment

I am with 1972shocker...it really is good to see some sun shine on these ladies. They have worked SO hard. The defense again did a nice job, keeping yet another team below 55 points. For the first few minutes, they had quick TO's, but then they took fairly good care of the ball after that. The offensive production was adequate to provide a win, also. If this team can keep the defensive effort and the offensive production UP and the turnovers DOWN, they could still surprise some teams this year.

Comment

That was one of the better games I've seen played by them this year. It was good to see a win.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

In order to have even a chance at avoiding an MVC Tournament play-in game the Shocks will have to win at least 3 of their remaining 5 games and hope that UNI loses all 5 of its remaining games.

A tall order indeed. The Shocks close out the season with 3 games on the road against Illinois State (10-2 MVC), Indiana State (4-8) and Missouri State (7-6).

The way the Shockers have played on the road this year, they no doubt will be the underdogs in each of those 3 games.

They finish up at home against Creighton (8-4) and Drake (8-4). Creighton knocked Evansville out of a 1st place tie today defeating the Aces 82-71 in Omaha. Again the Shocks will be the underdogs in these two games.

Edit: After giving it more thought even the above scenario of winning 3 0f 5 with UNI losing all their remaining games won't keep us out of the play in round. That would simply tie us with UNI at 6-12. UNI owns the 1st tiebreaker (head-to-head) by virtue of sweeping the Shocks this year.

Comment

I just want them to be able to build on a win and try to salvage what they can and maybe shock a few teams in the valley tourny
              Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller
                I just want them to be able to build on a win and try to salvage what they can and maybe shock a few teams in the valley tourny
                they still have work to do to even get in the valley tourney
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                  Everyone is in now. Same set up as the men. More than likely Lady Shocks will, like the men, be playing in the play-in game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                    Everyone is in now. Same set up as the men. More than likely Lady Shocks will, like the men, be playing in the play-in game.
                    o really i did not know that, when did they starting doing it this way?
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      o really i did not know that, when did they starting doing it this way?
                      2006 was the 1st year for everyone in so this year will be the 3rd year for everyone in.

Shocks lost to Drake in Des Moines in a play in game last year. Drake went on to win the Tournament on its home court and then drew Tennessee in the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament with the expected result, a 76-37 drubbing at the hands of the Lady Vols.

The MVC is pretty much a one-bid league and they have had some problems with low-seeded host teams winning one their home courts then getting drilled in the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament. In 2006, MSU was in the play-in round, won the Tournament in Springfield, then dropped a 73-52 decision to Purdue.

This year the MVC is trying a nuetral site Tournament for the 1st time for the Women in St. Charles, MO. I don't think they will draw much unless the locals in the St. Louis area decided to support the tournament.

Personally, I think the MVC should drop the Women's Tournament and send their regular season league champ to the Dance, at least until the league improves significantly which would seem to be a ways off. They will get a better seeding and at least have a chance to be more competitive in the 1st round, not too mention that the nuetral site tournaments may very well be money losers. Not sure if TV for the Championship game covers the nut or not.

On the other hand, some of the MVC teams that were upset in these school-hosted tournaments have done pretty well in the Women's NIT.

Comment

Lady Shocks all-time record in Gateway/MVC Tournament play is 4-15.

Two of those wins came in 1997 when they made it to the Championship Game where they lost to Drake by 78-59 count. Their only visit to the Championship game.

They defeated Creigthon 70-68 in the 1st round of the 1995 Tournament and in a really big surpirse the knocked off Missouri State 75-44 in the 1st round of the 2002 Tournamnet in Springfield (that is not a typo, the Shocks won that game by 31).

Comment

Working...
                        X