• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jane to change lineup....

....let's see how this works....

:clap: so a new line up huh? Who is it?

Comment

according to the eagle...kinder and bunton out, sudbeck and rice in....

Comment

Kyrie has been struggling lately and she has been very good in the past coming off of the bench and she won't let this change get her down.

Marcy is a much better offesive player than Alex and I think Jane is looking for some offense to try and change this team's tendency to dig themselves into a big hole in the 1st half.

The Shockers should win both games on this homestand.

UNI is very, very young and has not played well on the road at 1-9 overall and 0-4 in the MVC. They are 5-6 in the MVC, but they have had a pretty favorable schedule so far. Not sure they will win another game.

Bradley is 3-8 in the MVC and have won 2 of their last three with solid home wins over SIU and INS, but they are coming off of a 46-79 blowout loss to ILS on the road. They are winless on the road in the MVC at 0-5 and they lost their leading scorer and rebounder, Monica Rogers, to injury early in the conference season.

Comment

I would rather see Rice move into the 1 spot for Hoyt. But am willing to be open to any changes for the good of the team at this point.

Comment

Did anyone find the comments in the Eagle today, about being competitive at home odd>>>

They are 2-3 in conference at home, and those losses are by 18, 16, & 5. There two wins are by 8 and 4, respectively. I don't understand where JA thinks she is competitve at home in conference...

Comment

Well if you compare that to the road losses.....it looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                Well if you compare that to the road losses.....it looks pretty good.
                It's all relative.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Notice the difference. If the mens team starts a walkon it is newsworthy but how about the women. Bunton came to WSU as a student and then asked to come out for b-ball. Jane has not recruited a decent 5 spot since Wells, and was that a DS recruit?

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker
                    Notice the difference. If the mens team starts a walkon it is newsworthy but how about the women. Bunton came to WSU as a student and then asked to come out for b-ball. Jane has not recruited a decent 5 spot since Wells, and was that a DS recruit?
                    To be fair, Bunton was an basketball player that had been recruited by a number of schools but had decided not to play basketball because she was burned out on the sport and just came to WSU as a student. After she got here she changed her mind and decided to go out for the team, (my understanding is that the coaching staff approached her). So while she was technically a "walkon" type player, in reality, she was just a D-1 prospect that changed her mind.
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
                      Originally posted by boyshocker
                      To be fair, Bunton was an basketball player that had been recruited by a number of schools but had decided not to play basketball because she was burned out on the sport and just came to WSU as a student. After she got here she changed her mind and decided to go out for the team, (my understanding is that the coaching staff approached her). So while she was technically a "walkon" type player, in reality, she was just a D-1 prospect that changed her mind.
                      In addition, I think that it is an oversight to ignore Rochelle Busenitz when talking about center recruits. If it wasn't for injury, she would have been a dominant 5 for us.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Boyshocker, Bunton was a walk on and Rochell Busenitz, from Sedgwick was recruited by smith...

Comment

I just don't remember her being looked at as a D1 prospect coming out of high school. I'm sure she was recruited but hard to believe at this level.

Comment

So. Is there any hope tonight. UNI is a young team are they not? I was given a couple of free tix to tonights game so I'm just hoping that something breathes some life into these ladies and I can see a good game.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Subgod,,, go enjoy the game, and smile to yourself, gee I'm glad I didn't have to pay for these, or smile and say, one more game, Baseball starts next friday...

Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                              X