WSU vs Drake in MVC Play-In Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs Drake in MVC Play-In Game

The Lady Shocks get the 2nd consecutive shot playing Drake without their top 3 players.

Brandy Dahir (1st Team All-MVC) who scored 29 against the Shockers in the 1st game in Des Moines but missed the game in Wichita due to illness will also miss tonights game (and I think the entire tournament) due to an undisclosed illness.

So far, it has not mattered. Drake leads by 42-23 at the half. They have outscored the Shockers 12-1 from the line, have 13 points off of 10 Shocker turnovers to no points for the Shockers off of turnovers and Drake has 9 offensive rebounds.

The Shockers have now scored 62 points over there last 3 halves for an average of 21 points per half.

With the game being in Des Moines the Shockers have a very formidable task in trying to extend their season. I'm not betting my lunch money on it.

:(

Annie Wells picks up her 3rd and 4th fouls in the first 2 minutes of the second half. Not going well to say the least.

Comment

Give Jane 4 more years Jim

Comment

Shocks score 23 points in the last 7 minutes of the game and cut the lead from as much as 24 in the 2nd half to 12.

But too many turnovers, too many offensive rebounds by Drake (16) and too few stops made it too little to late.

Drake 78 - WSU 63. Lindsey Whorton leads Drake with 26.

I hope Big Jim knows what he is doing. Color me skeptical.

Comment

Well at least Jane is really proud of her team. That's what's important, right?

:roll:

Comment

Well I expect more of the same for next year.

I was a season ticket holder this year but next year im likely just going to go to a few games.. I cannot stomach much more of Jane's idea of basketball. At least with DS the games were fun and exciting.

Jane needs to go

Comment

#8 seed Drake knocks off league champion Southern Illinois 59-47.

The MVC, no doubt a 1-bid league, loses its best team again to a low seed who happens to be hosting the Tournament.

Credit to Drake though. Playing without Jill Martin, Jordann Plummer and Brandy Dahir their less experienced players have steadily improved throughout the year.

Something that was not apparent with the Lady Shockers.

Comment

#8 seed Drake defeats #6 seed Creighton 65-64 in overtime for the MVC Automatic bid.

Actually, the end of the game was pretty poorly played. Drake blew a 5-point lead with some poor ballhandling and poor defense. Creighton had a chance to win the game but Ally Thrall the league's leading free throw shooter missed two free throw with 6 seconds in regulation to allow the game to go to overtime.

Drake won the overtime 5-4, although at that point I think both teams were pretty much gassed.

So the MVC will be represented by a team with a regular season conference record of 5-13 and a team missing its 3 best players.

Perhaps instead of going to a nuetral sight the MVC should just eliminate the Women's tourney until the league gets substantially better.

Comment

Heckuva Coaching job by Drake's Amy Stephens.

Comment

Does it move to STC next year or the year after?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      Does it move to STC next year or the year after?
                      Next year in St. Charles. I really like the old main street area of St. Charles but I can't go to two tournaments in March and if I have to choose between the men's tournament and the women's tournament...

well I think it's pretty obvious. Sorry Ladies.

Comment

Working...
                      X