Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBB Hosts Bradley (Friday @ 7:00) & Loyola (Sunday @ 2:00)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockattack View Post
    Did not care for bonner being compared to lankster at the beginning of the season with bonner not being vetted in the program and with lankster being a class act. But, after hearing bonner yell at one of the coach’s and drop the f-bomb, not impressed at all, truly showing her juco colors. Surprised Adams let that one go unchallenged and never missed a moment of playing time. Definitely not an example of Shocker representation
    When did that (the f-bomb) happen? We were seated right behind the bench and did not hear that at all.
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by shockattack View Post
      Did not care for bonner being compared to lankster at the beginning of the season with bonner not being vetted in the program and with lankster being a class act. But, after hearing bonner yell at one of the coach’s and drop the f-bomb, not impressed at all, truly showing her juco colors. Surprised Adams let that one go unchallenged and never missed a moment of playing time. Definitely not an example of Shocker representation
      Saw this late last night and asked for supporting evidence. I was tired and realized this morning that rather than responding I should have just reminded you that attacks against the character of WSU players are not appropriate for this board (not least because those attacks are made anonymously). If you observe some behavior that you consider worth speaking up about and you have evidence to support it, you should take that concern to the coaching staff and/or athletic director. Own it, prove it, and take to a place where it can be dealt with.

For myself, I am not sure it happened. If it did happen, I am not sure it was directed at a coach since many players will utter an expletive when they screw up. If you think differently, take it someplace appropriate.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

The Ladies were off to a slow start but hit their stride in the second half. My family met my sister and her family at the game for good family fun. Plus, if you are a season ticket holder your ticket book includes three free tickets. You just have to take to the ticket office and they will give you a game ticket. It is that easy and it's free! If you have not been out to see these Ladies, please do so as you will be pleasantly surprised. The game is fast paced and there isn't a terrible seat in the house.

Well done Ladies!

Go Shocks!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          The Ladies were off to a slow start but hit their stride in the second half. My family met my sister and her family at the game for good family fun. Plus, if you are a season ticket holder your ticket book includes three free tickets. You just have to take to the ticket office and they will give you a game ticket. It is that easy and it's free! If you have not been out to see these Ladies, please do so as you will be pleasantly surprised. The game is fast paced and there isn't a terrible seat in the house.

Well done Ladies!

Go Shocks!
          This was a good win for the Shox. Down by ten, don't worry come back and win. Loyola was prepared and much more physical, bordering on dirty. Every team we play will give us all they have. Can't complain about 20-2, 19 straight and 11-0 in the Valley.

Comment

The Lady Shocks extend their winning streak to 19 games with a 65-50 win over Loyola Sunday afternoon. The Shocks are now 20-2 on the season and 11-0 in the Valley.

Nice crowd in attendance and we were treated to a fabulous rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner by a young lady named Maya. I did not catch Maya's last name but she must have been about 7 years old. Her performance was simply stunningly good.

The Loyola game turned out to be a mirror image of last Friday's win over Bradley. Against Bradley we had a very good 1st half and a poor 2nd half. The Lady Ramblers took a page out of Bradley's book and played a packed-in zone daring the Shocks to beat them from outside. Loyola came out hot and the Shocks came out cold. It was 12-2 Loyola almost 7 minutes into 1st lead at 18-17 with 6:40 remaining in the half. Loyola lead at halftime 30-29. The 1st time in quite some time that the Shocks trailed at intermission.

The Shocks shot only 29.7% from the field in the 1st half including 0-9 from behind the arc. Alex, Michelle and Kelsey all had 2 fouls for extended minutes in the 1st half but all did a nice job playing extended minutes without picking up foul #3. Conversely, Loyola shot 47.6% from the filed including 2-4 treys and 8-9 free throws. The Shocks were fortunate to only be down one at the half.

The Shocks came out much more aggressively on both ends of the floor in the second half and gradually pulled away from the Ramblers for a 65-50 win. The Lady Shocks were lead by POY candidate Alex Harden who scored 24 points on 9-18 FG, 5-6 FT, 7 rebounds, 6 assists to 1 turnover, 1 blocked shot and 2 steals. Jamillah Bonner chipped in 15 points and Michaelah Dapprich 11 points.

The Lady Shocks head back on the road next weekend with games at Drake on Friday and UNI on Sunday.

Comment

Is Alex the best player ever to wear a Lady Shocker uniform?

Best I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Is Alex the best player ever to wear a Lady Shocker uniform?

Best I've seen.
                She is sure making an awfully strong case for it. I think she is definitively the best do-everything player in WSU history, and while a player like Angela Buckner is a good all around player, it is really 1 skill (rebounding) that makes her great. Alex is dominant in all facets of the game.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  She is sure making an awfully strong case for it. I think she is definitively the best do-everything player in WSU history, and while a player like Angela Buckner is a good all around player, it is really 1 skill (rebounding) that makes her great. Alex is dominant in all facets of the game.
                  Alex is very good. She is Jody's recruit and has been given the All American moniker from day one. Haleigh Lankster was not Jody's recruit and I believe had the reins pulled in. Haleigh could have owned the Valley if given the chance. Both very good and tough to make the call. Haleigh is smaller, but I would have played her 40 minutes and let her loose. Alex is a bit bigger and plays almost 40 and is totally turned loose. Nice conversation to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                    Alex is very good. She is Jody's recruit and has been given the All American moniker from day one. Haleigh Lankster was not Jody's recruit and I believe had the reins pulled in. Haleigh could have owned the Valley if given the chance. Both very good and tough to make the call. Haleigh is smaller, but I would have played her 40 minutes and let her loose. Alex is a bit bigger and plays almost 40 and is totally turned loose. Nice conversation to be had.
                    Even if we assume that Haleigh would match Alex's higher scoring average and higher shooting percentages if let loose, Alex still is the superior player in my book because of her huge assist totals. Don't get me wrong, I love Haleigh and she was a great scorer, but I still give the all around to Alex.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

What a run. Looking forward to hopefully seeing the Ladies break into the AP Poll this morning and the Coaches Poll tomorrow.

Lots of records being broken these last few years.

Comment

I think it is too early to declare Alex the best Shocker women's player in history although she is certainly in the discussion and I love her all-around game. See discussion on Shocker Hall of Fame Members

What we did see in the Loyola game Sunday was probably the two primary candidates for Valley POY in Alex and Loyola's Troy Hambric. I think Alex has the clear advantage, especially with her team being 11-0 in Valley play vs Hambric's Lady Ramblers at 5-6.

If Alex continues to put up the numbers she is capable of and finishes her career as the leader of a 2 or 3 time Valley champion and with perhaps back-to-back Valley Player of the Year awards plus at least one Valley Defensive Player of the Year award it will be really difficult not to consider her #1 all-time at Wichita State. Fortunately for Shocker fans that point is still about 40 or so games into the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I think it is too early to declare Alex the best Shocker women's player in history although she is certainly in the discussion and I love her all-around game. See discussion on Shocker Hall of Fame Members

What we did see in the Loyola game Sunday was probably the two primary candidates for Valley POY in Alex and Loyola's Troy Hambric. I think Alex has the clear advantage, especially with her team being 11-0 in Valley play vs Hambric's Lady Ramblers at 5-6.

If Alex continues to put up the numbers she is capable of and finishes her career as the leader of a 2 or 3 time Valley champion and with perhaps back-to-back Valley Player of the Year awards plus at least one Valley Defensive Player of the Year award it will be really difficult not to consider her #1 all-time at Wichita State. Fortunately for Shocker fans that point is still about 40 or so games into the future.
                          What fun to have conversations like this as opposed to when will we have good players. I am happy for the Lady Shox that our fans are starting to turn out and they appreciate their tough "D" I'm still convinced we'll run the table.

Comment

Working...
                          X