Lady Shockers Tennis Now Ranked #20 Nationally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shockers Tennis Now Ranked #20 Nationally

Unlike our Women's basketball team our Lady Shocker tennis team is having a very good year and is gaining notoriety.

The are now ranked 20th in the nation.

Now that's the kind of performance we can cheer.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :clap:

They will have a chance to really prove themselves a little later in the year because they play #2 Notre Dame. Certainly a great year thusfar.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

That will be a great opportunity. Interestingly, assuming I am reading the schedule correctly, that match will be played in Arkansas City on Friday, March 30th. May have to do a mini-road trip for that one. How did Ark City manage to get that match?

We also have matches at home against #43 Oklahoma State on 03/28 in Wichita and against #68 Missouri in Columbia on April 19h.

We have already defeated 7 ranked opponents and we have wins over Nebraska and K-State of the Big XII.

Ohio State is also on the schedule for March 19th in Florida.

I definitely want to take in a match this year and I may just have to take an afternoon off and catch the Notre Dame match.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        That will be a great opportunity. Interestingly, assuming I am reading the schedule correctly, that match will be played in Arkansas City on Friday, March 30th. May have to do a mini-road trip for that one. How did Ark City manage to get that match?

We also have matches at home against #43 Oklahoma State on 03/28 in Wichita and against #68 Missouri in Columbia on April 19h.

We have already defeated 7 ranked opponents and we have wins over Nebraska and K-State of the Big XII.

Ohio State is also on the schedule for March 19th in Florida.

I definitely want to take in a match this year and I may just have to take an afternoon off and catch the Notre Dame match.
        I was wondering the same thing about the Ark City deal.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

This is great for the program, last year we made the tourney and played Pepperdine. This year hopefully we can make it a little further.

:goshocks:

Comment

let me explain the ark city deal, which is actually quite cool, i think.nd coach is jay louderback, former shocker star and coach.one of the nd players is his niece ,kali krisik of ark city, daughter of former shocker star jan louderback krisik. chance for the 2 programs to entertwine and give the good folks of ark city a chance to see GREAT tennis, with some of their own!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali
              let me explain the ark city deal, which is actually quite cool, i think.nd coach is jay louderback, former shocker star and coach.one of the nd players is his niece ,kali krisik of ark city, daughter of former shocker star jan louderback krisik. chance for the 2 programs to entertwine and give the good folks of ark city a chance to see GREAT tennis, with some of their own!
              Thanks for clearing that up. Always good to see former Shockers doing well.

Comment

Working...
              X