Shocks WBB @ ILS on Sat and @ INS on Mon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks WBB @ ILS on Sat and @ INS on Mon

The Shocks head back out on the road for the 4th and 5th time in their 1st 7 Valley games with a tremendous opportunity to grab the Valley race by the horns and establish themselves as the clear favorites to win the Conference regular season title.

They head to Normal, IL Saturday for 4:00 pm game with the Illinois State Redbirds (4-11, 3-2). Looks like Illinois State is trying to attract some fans for this game as admission is free of charge.

If the Shocks can get by Illinois State that will set up a big game with current co-leader and preseason Valley favorite Indiana State on Monday night. Indiana State hosts Missouri State at 2:00 pm on Saturday.

If the Lady Shocks can successfully navigate this weekend they will be through the hardest part of their Valley schedule with 7 of their remaining games at home and they have not faced Evansville or SIU yet who may well be the two weakest teams in the league.

If they play anywhere close to the level they played at this past weekend in Koch Arena I very much like their chances to win both of these games this weekend. Best case scenario is for a Shocker sweep of their two games and a MSU win over Indiana State on Saturday which would put the Shocks 2 full games clear of the pack.

Good Luck, Ladies.

:poster_shocks:

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    The Shocks head back out on the road for the 4th and 5th time in their 1st 7 Valley games with a tremendous opportunity to grab the Valley race by the horns and establish themselves as the clear favorites to win the Conference regular season title.

They head to Normal, IL Saturday for 4:00 pm game with the Illinois State Redbirds (4-11, 3-2). Looks like Illinois State is trying to attract some fans for this game as admission is free of charge.

If the Shocks can get by Illinois State that will set up a big game with current co-leader and preseason Valley favorite Indiana State on Monday night. Indiana State hosts Missouri State at 2:00 pm on Saturday.

If the Lady Shocks can successfully navigate this weekend they will be through the hardest part of their Valley schedule with 7 of their remaining games at home and they have not faced Evansville or SIU yet who may well be the two weakest teams in the league.

If they play anywhere close to the level they played at this past weekend in Koch Arena I very much like their chances to win both of these games this weekend. Best case scenario is for a Shocker sweep of their two games and a MSU win over Indiana State on Saturday which would put the Shocks 2 full games clear of the pack.

Good Luck, Ladies.

:poster_shocks:
    I have no doubt we'll run the table 18-0 and most likely get ranked; at first I thought there was no hope. We have received 9 votes in the current poll.

Comment

Are we still "digressing"?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        We're not digressing. We're playing a nice brand of basketball.

Comment

I hope Jody does not let the girls start looking ahead for that Indiana state game instead of focusing on the task at hand. Task at hand ILS!!

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyThaShocker View Post
            I hope Jody does not let the girls start looking ahead for that Indiana state game instead of focusing on the task at hand. Task at hand ILS!!
            I think we are locked and loaded. Playing with great intensity and focus. Our defense is nails and it is nice to have several options for scoring.

Comment

This road trip to be a success will require a all hands on deck philosophy for it to turn out successful I Believe. I do like how Jody had been taking advantage of the 30 plus point blow outs and getting her bench more experience and deeper for the championship push !! Especially getting number 12 more playing time over Chapel lately. Seems like number 12 can bring same defensive play but with a better offensive game at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyThaShocker View Post
                This road trip to be a success will require a all hands on deck philosophy for it to turn out successful I Believe. I do like how Jody had been taking advantage of the 30 plus point blow outs and getting her bench more experience and deeper for the championship push !! Especially getting number 12 more playing time over Chapel lately. Seems like number 12 can bring same defensive play but with a better offensive game at this time.
                Minutes also help with team chemistry and morale. I heard Kelsey say on a post game interview that the team has great chemistry. Decker gave kudos to her teammates for having her back and supporting her when she was in a shooting slump. All good signs.

Comment

Yes ! Minutes help everyone feel like there invested into the program and the success that's occurring in the court this year.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    No. There has been a change just in time and its going to take them far as long as it continues!

Comment

Originally posted by NolenKemp View Post
                      No. There has been a change just in time and its going to take them far as long as it continues!
                      And???

Comment

Shocker Game Notes

Coming into this year I thought the one area of her game that Alex Harden needed to improve on to truly be a POY caliber player was her mid-range and perimeter shooting. In her first two seasons Alex was a combined 3-for-30 from three-point land. This year she is a blistering 11-for-23 (.478) from long distance. It appears we have us a POY on our hands if this keeps up. Alex's overall game and BBIQ is simply outstanding and I love watching her play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Shocker Game Notes

Coming into this year I thought the one area of her game that Alex Harden needed to improve on to truly be a POY caliber player was her mid-range and perimeter shooting. In her first two seasons Alex was a combined 3-for-30 from three-point land. This year she is a blistering 11-for-23 (.478) from long distance. It appears we have us a POY on our hands if this keeps up. Alex's overall game and BBIQ is simply outstanding and I love watching her play the game.
                          She can play. And we have others, so teams can't just focus on her. It's been fun.

Comment

Indiana State holds serve going 6-0 in Valley play with a 74-57 home win over Missouri State today.

Comment

Neither team could get much offense going in the 1st half but the Shocks had a little run going at the end of the half and had a 27-20 lead with Alex Harden at the line for 1 and the bonus. Alex missed the front end, ILS rebounded and hit a half court shot at the buzzer for a 5-point swing. Shocks could have lead 29-20 but ended up leading only 27-23. So despite the little Shocker run at the end of the half ILS takes the momentum into the locker room

Jamillah Bonner and Kelsey Jacobs both have 3 fouls. Kelsey picked up her 3rd with 1 minute remaining in the half.

Shocks need to get it going are they could face the prospect of returning home 2 games out of the lead in the Valley race.

Comment

Working...
                              X