Shocks vs Drake on Fox Midwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs Drake on Fox Midwest

The Ladies have started the game in a dominating fashion and lead 13-0 at the 15:00 mark of the first half.

Well done ladies, keep it up!

Go Shocks!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

40-12 now

Comment

At half Shocks lead the Bulldogs 49-22 with 8 steals so far.

Comment

Another Roundhouse Rout 74-42 with 7 minutes remaining to play.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Jody called off the dawgs or they would have hung a hundred on D+. It's becoming apparent that just like the men, only ISUb stands between WSU and the title. I'm not sure this is going to be much of a race though. If they make it through this week's road trip to Normal (almost certain victory) and Terre Haute unscathed, it's going to be hard to keep them from running the table. They would have to win a first round NCAA game (after running the season out) to hit a 30 game win streak. I wonder if that's ever been done before? Men's and women's teams both with live 30 game winning streaks in the same season...UCONN?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Jody called off the dawgs or they would have hung a hundred on D+. It's becoming apparent that just like the men, only ISUb stands between WSU and the title. I'm not sure this is going to be much of a race though. If they make it through this week's road trip to Normal (almost certain victory) and Terre Haute unscathed, it's going to be hard to keep them from running the table. They would have to win a first round NCAA game (after running the season out) to hit a 30 game win streak. I wonder if that's ever been done before? Men's and women's teams both with live 30 game winning streaks in the same season...UCONN?
            If the Shocks can win both games next weekend at Illinois State and at Indiana State they will be sitting pretty indeed. They will have played 5 of 7 games on the road and have road wins over INS and MSU, who seem to be the primary contenders along with the Shocks. OTOH, Indiana State the preseason favorite will have played 5 of 7 Valley games at home and I don't think there is any guarantee they will get by Missouri State next weekend prior to seeing the Shocks.

Quite frankly the bottom half of the Valley is just pretty darn bad to put it about as mildly as I can.

Comment

It's hard to believe the Shocker men and women won't set a all-time Shocker record for most combined wins in a season this year.

Currently we are sitting at a combined 33-2 overall and working on a winning streak of 32 in a row.

Comment

The Shocker women's team appears to have Shock & Awe capabilities such as running out to a 40-10 lead in the first half of today's game with Drake.

Can you imagine how rattled the Lady Shocks opponents might get if that in addition to the Shocks smothering defense there were 5-6 thousand Shocker enthusiastic Shocker fans in the stands? A modicum of student support wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  INS and MSU, who seem to be the primary contenders along with the Shocks.
                  Missouri State 60-68 UNI

The Panthers took control early in the second half, withstood a late rally by the Bears and pulled away at the end.

It seems Indiana State is the only contender other than the Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                    Missouri State 60-68 UNI

The Panthers took control early in the second half, withstood a late rally by the Bears and pulled away at the end.

It seems Indiana State is the only contender other than the Shocks.
                    It would seem so. A little surprised the MSU lost at home to UNI, a team the Shocks destroyed Saturday 80-47. Not sure the Shocks can play a whole lot better than they have over the last two games.

Comment

Working...
                    X