No announcement yet.

WSU women's program hopes to show off its own success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks lead the Points Off Turnovers 28-0 at the half.

Comment

Jody calls off the dogs (Shocker pit bulls not the Drake Bulldogs) and goes to her bench with about 6:00 minutes left and the Shocks leading by 39 at 81-42.

Comment

Final: Shocks 88 - Drake 55. Shocks with their 2nd consecutive 33-point home blow-out of a Valley opponent and neither game was really as close as the final score. Shocks extend their school record win streak to 13 games.

Alex Harden with another outstanding stat stuffing game with 21 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 turnover, 1 block and 3 steals. However, may have to give POG honors to Alie Decker who contributed 17 points on only 9 shots in 21 minutes. Michaela Dapprich chipped in 15 points and Jamillah 13 points.

Kelsey Jacobs with a career high 7 assists.

Shocks back on the road next weekend at Illinois State and at Valley preseason favorite and co-leader Indiana State.

Outstanding work ladies. Keep it going.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          Warren Nolan has our RPI at 68, but with a SOS of 219, getting ranked is not going to happen. I think the best we can hope for is a RV.
          In this week's AP poll, the Shocks received one vote.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            In this week's AP poll, the Shocks received one vote.
            Maybe I'm wrong. I still believe we need to run the table to be considered. But, if we keep blasting teams, we might take notice. Having our men in the spotlight, doesn't hurt us; the pollsters and media are taking a look.

Comment

In the Coaches' Poll the women received 9 votes, which translates to #31 in the poll.

WICHITA, Kan.- The Wichita State women's basketball team received votes in the latest USA Today Division I Coaches' Poll released on Jan. 21.

Comment

Working...
              X