No announcement yet.

Coach Albright Will Be Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Schaus-Stephenson conflict has to do with control. The baseball program seems like a subsidiary of the athletic department with Gene the CEO. The rest of the programs are under Schaus' control. Gene pretty much sets his own agenda for the program and I don't think Schaus particularly likes that. Problem is, that division is a success and you can't knock success. I'll bet there's a gentlemen's agreement to stay out of each other's way. Of course, if Schaus tried to fire or force Gene out, a lots of the staunch baseball supporters would go crazy.

Just one perspective from the outside looking in.

--'85.
    Man you hit it right on the head.

Gene has always run over every athletic director that they have had, that is how he got the facility that he has now.

If there had been another AD that Gene could run over he would have an indoor practice facility by now and 2,500 more seats.
    It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress.

Comment

This might be one of JS's all-time biggest mistakes..
      I think the biggest mistake was the lesbian softball coach that lasted about two seasons, I forget her name but she was pretty bad also.
      It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress.

Comment

Well, I hope '1 more year' is all he is willing to give her, because she has had ample time to 'make the grade', and hasn't done it. :shock:

Comment

Working...
        X