No announcement yet.

Shox Take On Wisconsin Green Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marissa, Jamillah and Alex all with a big three-balls in the second half and the Shocks did a nice job dealing with foul trouble in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Marissa, Jamillah and Alex all with a big three-balls in the second half and the Shocks did a nice job dealing with foul trouble in the second half.

Nice team effort. We can go 9-2 into Valley play and yes we could go 18-0 in the Valley, but we need to win the Valley Tourney. Again, I like this team. They are winners. I was always nervous every game last year. Not this year.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
        Nice team effort. We can go 9-2 into Valley play and yes we could go 18-0 in the Valley, but we need to win the Valley Tourney. Again, I like this team. They are winners. I was always nervous every game last year. Not this year.
        If we had held on to beat St. Joe and had an 18-0 run through the Valley then I think we would be in the dance. As it is we probably do need to win the Valley Tournament. Plus going 18-0 through the Valley is an awful lot to ask. However, I don't anyone in the Valley this year is at tough at home as Green Bay generally is. So this was a very nice road win for the Shocks today.

It was far from a perfect game by the Shocks, so I look forward to continued growth from this team.

Comment

Thanks. I was watching on line when Kelsey was walking to the line and they shut it off. I didn't know who won and do know Kelsey is not a great free throw shooter so was going a little nuts.
          Kelsey was stone-cold pure with her stroke on those 2 free throws after Green Bay had called time out in attempt to freeze her.

Comment

Illinois State lost to Fordham today 57-32. The Redbirds actually played Fordham even in the second half but could not overcome a 6-32 halftime deficit.

Comment

Illinois State lost to Fordham today 57-32. The Redbirds actually played Fordham even in the second half but could not overcome a 6-32 halftime deficit.
              Ouch.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Alie's zero minutes was a coach's decision?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                  Alie's zero minutes was a coach's decision?
                  Apparently she did not make the trip.
                  The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

If we had held on to beat St. Joe and had an 18-0 run through the Valley then I think we would be in the dance. As it is we probably do need to win the Valley Tournament. Plus going 18-0 through the Valley is an awful lot to ask. However, I don't anyone in the Valley this year is at tough at home as Green Bay generally is. So this was a very nice road win for the Shocks today.

It was far from a perfect game by the Shocks, so I look forward to continued growth from this team.
                    We're playing as well on the road as I recall. Winning road games will be most important in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                      Apparently she did not make the trip.
                      Heard she was injured. Hopefully she'll be back soon.

Comment

Heard she was injured. Hopefully she'll be back soon.
                        On her radio show Jody said she thought Alie would be back for this weekend's games with Austin Peay and Texas Pan American. Sounded like perhaps a concussion, although not 100% sure about that. In any case, does not sound too serious.

Comment

On her radio show Jody said she thought Alie would be back for this weekend's games with Austin Peay and Texas Pan American. Sounded like perhaps a concussion, although not 100% sure about that. In any case, does not sound too serious.
                          My understanding is she will be good to go. Took an elbow to the head and in today's world we are very careful with head injuries. In my day we were told we got our Bell Rung", now go out and play.

Comment

I believe Brandon Mueller, the Shock's new PBP guy, said that Kayla White did not make the trip either but no reason as given. Kayla has played only 13 minutes this year so her absence was not particularly important in terms of the game outcome.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 17, 2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I believe Brandon Mueller, the Shock's new PBP guy, said that Kayla White did no make the trip either but no reason as given. Kayla has played only 13 minutes this year so her absence was particularly important in terms of the game outcome.
                              Kayla was at the last home game, but didn't suit up. I have been working under the assumption that she has an injury as well, but I haven't heard anything.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Shocks RPI is down to 41 per RealTimeRPI.com after the road win over WGB but that is probably as good as it will get and even if we run through the remainder of our schedule undefeated we are projected to finish the year at around 56.

Had we held on to defeat St. Joseph's, now 9-1 and #5 in the RPI we might actually have had a shot at putting together a at-large resume for the NCAA. As it is, we better plan on winning the Valley Tournament in St. Charles.

Comment

Working...
                                X