Shockers at Sam Houston State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers at Sam Houston State

The normal starters: Jamillah, Alex, Kelsey, Michelle and Michaela.

Shocks are up 33-18 at the half. Typical Shocker performance. Great defense, so-so offense. However, considering Alex Harden was on the bench with foul trouble over the last 10 minutes of the half the Shocks should be very satisfied with where they are.

Comment

At the half, Shocks lead 33-18. We have 6 TOs, they have 13. Michelle, Kelsey, Jaleesa and Alex all have 6-8 points.

Comment

2 of those 13 turnovers were 10 second calls which is in place for the 1st time in women's BB this year. Sounds like the Ladies are getting after it on defense.

Comment

Fouls starting to be an issue for the Shocks. Alex, Kelsey and Michaela all with 3 fouls with 14 minutes to play.

Comment

Shocks up 55-33 with about 7 minutes to go. I believe Michelle Prices has a double-double. Alie Decker having a good game as is Jaleesha Chapel.

Comment

Baby Dap has struggled tonight. She has 4 fouls and I think 3 of those are off-ball offensive fouls.

Comment

Who is doing the broadcast tonight?

Comment

Final Score: Shocks 64 - SHSU 47. A road 17 point win on the road is nothing to complain about. If there is one place you can see major improvement in Jody's team from the previous regime is the performance in road games. Under JA V.1 the Shocks rarely played well on the road.

Comment

Post-game: HCJA was pleased with the first-half defense, but not so much the second half. She spoke well of Jalessa and Ali off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDave View Post
                      Who is doing the broadcast tonight?
                      Good question. I caught just a piece of a comment from Jody recently that Brian Petrotta mya have accepted other employment. Not sure who called this game tonight.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 5, 2013, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Saw where he said the women's game at K St was his last road game. Anyone know if he's leaving WSU all together or just giving up the broadcasting?

Comment

Apparently he is now the Coordinator of Communications and Marketing at Oklahoma State University.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

He is getting out of broadcasting. Said he wanted to spend more time with his family. I think he said that he will be teaching at Oklahoma State.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              Saw where he said the women's game at K St was his last road game. Anyone know if he's leaving WSU all together or just giving up the broadcasting?
                              Brian is gone. Leaving the area. Last home game was his last. I don't know the knew guy, but he is a work in progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X