Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shockers v Southeast Missouri State

Lady Shocks 67-46 SEMO

As one would expect, we were in control of this game from almost the very beginning. (They scored first.)

Michaela led the Shocks with 18. Alex had 14 and nine assists, and Michelle had 13 with seven rebounds. We were 13-16 from the line but were outrebounded 39-42.

The Redhawks played a few minutes of zone in the first half and zone the entire second half. We struggled against it. (Forty points in the first half - twenty-seven in the second.) Beyond a couple of hi-lo plays from the free throw line, we never developed any way of attacking it - too much dribbling and standing around. HCJA acknowledged in the post-game that there was work to be done.

Everyone played today. I think we were nine deep in the first half and others played in the second half. Moriah with 14 minutes and Jalessa with 10 had the most minutes beyond the normal seven players. But once the final five were in for the last minutes, we were outscored 8-2. There is still a lot of work to bring the younger ones along.

Air Force is up next a week from tomorrow.

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Lady Shocks 67-46 SEMO

As one would expect, we were in control of this game from almost the very beginning. (They scored first.)

Michaela led the Shocks with 18. Alex had 14 and nine assists, and Michelle had 13 with seven rebounds. We were 13-16 from the line but were outrebounded 39-42.

The Redhawks played a few minutes of zone in the first half and zone the entire second half. We struggled against it. (Forty points in the first half - twenty-seven in the second.) Beyond a couple of hi-lo plays from the free throw line, we never developed any way of attacking it - too much dribbling and standing around. HCJA acknowledged in the post-game that there was work to be done.

Everyone played today. I think we were nine deep in the first half and others played in the second half. Moriah with 14 minutes and Jalessa with 10 had the most minutes beyond the normal seven players. But once the final five were in for the last minutes, we were outscored 8-2. There is still a lot of work to bring the younger ones along.

Air Force is up next a week from tomorrow.

So, we will have no redshirts, unless God forbid, Medical Redshirts. We spanked them. Mizzou played them close and they are undefeated. Again, I believe we will be in the hunt for the MVC title. We have seven nice players and the other five will develop over time.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
      So, we will have no redshirts, unless God forbid, Medical Redshirts. We spanked them. Mizzou played them close and they are undefeated. Again, I believe we will be in the hunt for the MVC title. We have seven nice players and the other five will develop over time.
      Jody stated in the Eagle we have six players and the others need practice. That is probably more accurate than my seven assessment. It wouldn't surprise me if one or two freshmen moved on to find a better fit, but who knows, they may be fine with being patient.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
        Jody stated in the Eagle we have six players and the others need practice. That is probably more accurate than my seven assessment.
        Valerierose has been the seventh to this point and played well enough, but she had a bad day yesterday. She managed three fouls in three minutes in (I think) two times on the floor, and she was done for the day.

Comment

Valerierose does some nice things but she is a little slow of foot. She will however provide some key minutes when foul trouble hits our 3 thru 5 spots.

Comment

Working...
          X