MVC Pre-season softball Coachs poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Pre-season softball Coachs poll

Saw on the MVC site that the Coachs voted the Shocks #2 in the Valley. The Shocks got one first place vote and Creighton got the rest. I'm still hoping that when I go back to Wichita in April I'll get to catch a game.

The ESPN poll and the NFCA poll had Creighton, Illinois State and Southern Illinois receiving votes. ESPN had Creighton 32nd with 13 votes. Southern Illinois received 6 votes and Illinois State had 5 votes. The NFCA poll had Creighton and Illinois State with 23 votes apiece (31st highest) and Southern Illinois with 7 votes.

Obviously the MVC coachs are giving the Shocks more credit than the national polls are.

2008 Preseason Softball Poll (1st-place votes) Points
    1 Creighton (9) 97
    2 Wichita State (1) 85
    3 Southern Illinois 81
    4 Illinois State 72
    5 Missouri State 52
    6 Bradley 46
    7 Evansville 44
    8 Indiana State 35
    9 Drake 25
    10 UNI 13

Comment

Bradley has one of the two pre-season All-Conference pitchers yet is picked to finish only 6th. Must not have much to go with Righthanded Jr. Ashley Birdsong.

Looks to me like this could be a pretty competitive race this year.

:goshocks:

Comment

The 08 softball schedule is up at the official Shockers site. I think I have my trip back to Wichita figured out. I ought to be able to catch the April 18th baseball game against S. Ill, catch either the April 26 or 27 softball game against UNI, the April 29th baseball game against K State, go to the Renaissance festival with my wife the 19th or 20th and be there when the white bass run is on. I'm definitely getting psyched up.

Now if I can just talk my wife into going up to Flagstaff for the basketball game, I'll get a great dose of Shocker sports this spring.

Comment

I may have to try and catch a game at some point this season.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'd love to meet some of the regulars here for some of those games.

Comment

Never been to a softball game, maybe it's time for a first.

Comment

Working...
              X