X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's basketball recruiting

Saw this on twitter today:

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995
    Wichita State gets JC commitment from ASGR#20 Ashlee Ivy 6-0 WF Butler Community College KS. Ivy hails from Wichita KS

A 6' wing doesn't suck.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Ashlee is out of the strong Wichita Heights program. Here are her stats as a freshman at Buco Juco:

10.7 PPG in 17.6 MPG is pretty good. 5.8 RPG is also very good in 17.6 MPG. Needs to work on the FT shooting though. 56.5% won't get it done as G/F in the D-1 game and she needs to cut down on the 3.7 turnovers per game.

Sounds like the typical athletic, good rebounding guard/wing type player Jody likes.

Not at all surprised to see Jody go to the Juco ranks as we have only 1 player, Michaela Dapprich, that will be a Junior next year.

However, what we really need is a C/PF type to plug in the middle as Michelle Price is our only Senior this year. Anyone else noticed that 6-2 Fr. Morgan Landers is no longer listed on the roster. She looked to be a bit of project that would probably redshirt this year in any case but I had not heard anything about her leaving the team.

Kelsey and Michelle are going to have to stay injury free this year or those 6-0 wings Jody likes so much will be playing the post positions.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 7, 2013, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Looks like Ivy was second on the team last year in points, rebounds, and steals. The leader in all 3 categories for Butler was current Shocker Jamillah Bonner.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
          Looks like Ivy was second on the team last year in points, rebounds, and steals. The leader in all 3 categories for Butler was current Shocker Jamillah Bonner.
          Actually a little more efficient scorer from the field than Jamillah but Jamillah got to the line much more and was a much better FT shooter. Obviously, Jody likes athletic guards/wings that can be disruptive on the defensive end as well.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 7, 2013, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Ashlee is out of the strong Wichita Heights program. Here are her stats as a freshman at Buco Juco:

10.7 PPG in 17.6 MPG is pretty good. 5.8 RPG is also very good in 17.6 MPG. Needs to work on the FT shooting though. 56.5% won't get it done as G/F in the D-1 game and she needs to cut down on the 3.7 turnovers per game.

Sounds like the typical athletic, good rebounding guard/wing type player Jody likes.

Not at all surprised to see Jody go to the Juco ranks as we have only 1 player, Michaela Dapprich, that will be a Junior next year.

However, what we really need is a C/PF type to plug in the middle as Michelle Price is our only Senior this year. Anyone else noticed that 6-2 Fr. Morgan Landers is no longer listed on the roster. She looked to be a bit of project that would probably redshirt this year in any case but I had not heard anything about her leaving the team.

Kelsey and Michelle are going to have to stay injury free this year or those 6-0 wings Jody likes so much will be playing the post positions.
            I've seen the team play a little pick-up prior to official practice and Morgan was in over her head. Hopefully Jody found a JC or lower division school for her to play.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
              I've seen the team play a little pick-up prior to official practice and Morgan was in over her head. Hopefully Jody found a JC or lower division school for her to play.
              I sensed that might be the case with Morgan and if, in fact, she was in over-her-head the best thing for both Morgan and the program is to recognize it sooner rather than later and to move on. Hopefully, Morgan will find a place more in line with her abilities. Makes you wonder why the staff recruited her in the 1st place. Her high school stats were very pedestrian. The staff must have thought they could develop her. Whether it was Morgan or the staff that came to the realization that it wasn't going to happen with Morgan we will probably never know. In any case, best of luck to the young lady.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I sensed that might be the case with Morgan and if, in fact, she was in over-her-head the best thing for both Morgan and the program is to recognize it sooner rather than later and to move on. Hopefully, Morgan will find a place more in line with her abilities. Makes you wonder why the staff recruited her in the 1st place. Her high school stats were very pedestrian. The staff must have thought they could develop her. Whether it was Morgan or the staff that came to the realization that it wasn't going to happen with Morgan we will probably never know. In any case, best of luck to the young lady.
                I hope for the best for her as well. Seemed like a very nice young woman. I understand a 6-5 or 6-6 project, not a marginal 6-2. Oh well, I'm just a fan, not the coach.

Comment

Morgan is homesick and is looking at schools closer to home to play. She will be at wsu through the end of the first semester. My daughters spent part of today's game sitting with her. Very nice young lady. Wish her the best wherever she lands.

Comment

Wondering if the rumor about there being 6'6 prospect who is a project but the lady shocks are recruiting trying to get the inside info

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                      Wondering if the rumor about there being 6'6 prospect who is a project but the lady shocks are recruiting trying to get the inside info
                      Where have you been getting a rumor of a 6'6" player?
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Didn't we have the same rumor a few seasons ago? I haven't heard anything of the sort yet.

QUOTE=mumdaddy316;426747]Wondering if the rumor about there being 6'6 prospect who is a project but the lady shocks are recruiting trying to get the inside info[/QUOTE]

Comment

The press release on the two players yesterday said that would complete the fall signing class. So if any additional players are recruited for next year they will be spring signings.

Comment

Yea that was last season with the young lady picking to play at Florida over us (and she doesn't even get pt) but that was then, I was thinking if true spring will be great for us. Beyond excited for the 2 young ladies we have signed on,watched film on both on hudl and they didn't disappoint. Lets keep it coming.

Comment

WICHITA, Kan.- The Wichita State women’s basketball team added Queensvillage, N.Y. native Brittany Martin to its fall signing class, head coach Jody Adams announced today.

Martin, a 6-foot-4 center, played the 2012-13 season at Old Dominion where she participated in eight games before transferring to Northwest Florida State College for the 2013-14 season.

“We are really excited about our commitment from Brittany,” Adams said. “Her length, being 6-foot-4, is something we have never had in this program. There is no doubt she will take care of the paint and guard the rim for us. Her specialty fits well with what our philosophy is here at Wichita State, which is to play great defense and she is a great defensive player that rebounds the ball with passion.”

The addition of Martin brings the Shocker’s signing class to three. Wichita State announced the additions of Aundra Stovall and Ashlee Ivy last week.

-WICHITA STATE-

Comment

Working...
                              X