Lady Shocks vs. Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks vs. Bears

Shox lead 57-56 with about 8 minutes left. Kiki Stephens has 24 points.

back-to-back threes by Whitney Rice and Jacie Hoyt put the Shox up 63-58

Comment

Lady Shockers win 73-69

Comment

:good:
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A great 2nd half by the Shocks (48 points) to rally from 10 down at the half to win 73-69.

Kiki Stephens had an outstanding game leading the Shocks with 24 points. MSU simply could not match up with Kiki.

I thought the Shocks ball and player movement on offense was the best it has been in a long, long time. Even in the 1st half it was pretty good, we just did not shoot it well in the 1st half.

Shocks did a good job in the 2nd half taking advantage of their inside advantage and when they did kick it back out our shooters were wide open and made some big 3's in the 2nd half.

Hopefully, we can keep it up on the offensive end.

Back on the road which has been trouble for Jane's teams. Evansville and SIU are OK but not world beaters. We need to show we can be competitive on the road.

Not sure what the final stats will show, but I think the Shocks may have had one of their better assist to turnover ratios in this game.

For the first time in a long time I can say I saw some definite improvement on the offensive side of the ball today.

Good Job, Shocks! :good:

Comment

1972-- I agree with almost your entire post. I would, however, characterize Evansville as a topnotch Valley team, given the fact that they are tied with Drake for 2nd in the conference. A win against Evansville would be a HUGE win for these Shockers, who are just now getting into a groove.

Comment

Originally posted by trufan
              1972-- I agree with almost your entire post. I would, however, characterize Evansville as a topnotch Valley team, given the fact that they are tied with Drake for 2nd in the conference. A win against Evansville would be a HUGE win for these Shockers, who are just now getting into a groove.
              Actually, trufan, Evansville may now be a half game up on Drake pending their game tonight vs UNI. Indiana State upset Drake today 54-46 in Terra Haute.

Bradley stayed in a tie with the Shocks with a surpirsing 76-59 win over SIU today in Peoria.

Evansville will definitely be the tougher of these two road games. SIU is a game the Shocks are capable of winning, even on the road.

Comment

BTW, I think our game with Evansville next Friday will be televised on FSN (Channel 34 in Wichita) at 7:30.

Comment

Shocks with 20 assists and 19 turnovers today.

19 turnover still on the high side, but 20 assists is very good.

MSU had 12 assists and 19 turnovers so the Shocks definitely were better in the assist to turnover category for a change.

The Shocks came into the game with a 0.48 assist to turnover ratio (last in the MVC) so today was a big improvement in this area.

Comment

Maybe Bobby's article fired them up a little?

Comment

I guess this means the men's team has to win tonight. :D
                      Good job ladies!!
                      :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Creighton upsets Illinois State in Normal tonight 75-71.

Evansville over Northern Iowa 57-52 in Cedar Falls.

Standings at the midway point:

Women's Basketball MVC Overall
                        Team Record Pct Record Pct Home Away Neutral Streak
                        Illinois St. 8-1 .889 18-2 .900 7-2 10-0 1-0 L1
                        Evansville 7-2 .778 13-7 .650 8-1 5-6 0-0 W7
                        Creighton 6-3 .667 13-7 .650 7-1 5-6 1-0 W4
                        Drake 6-3 .667 13-7 .650 8-2 4-4 1-1 L2
                        Indiana State 4-5 .444 10-9 .526 6-2 3-5 1-2 W1
                        Missouri State 4-5 .444 6-14 .300 4-5 2-9 0-0 L3
                        Southern Illinois 3-6 .333 7-12 .368 5-4 2-6 0-2 L3
                        Northern Iowa 3-6 .333 7-13 .350 6-4 1-9 0-0 L1
                        Bradley 2-7 .222 8-12 .400 6-4 2-6 0-2 W1