Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAZ Elite's Bruce, Tuliamuk go 1-2 in USATF 10K Championships

https://azdailysun.com/news/local/na...e0aa634fd.html

Tuliamuk just missed getting her third straight national title this year and 10th overall.

Comment

Whoa
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Bruce set a PR by 30 seconds. If she runs even close to her original fastest time, AT blows her away.
        The Assman

Comment

A nice gesture by Aliphine although not surprising. She is a Shocker after all.

Joseph Fuller‏ @JustRunFuller

A true champion, @aliphinetuliamu giving away her medal away... to the smile and joy of a little girl.

4:34 AM - 24 Feb 2019 from Florida, USA

https://twitter.com/JustRunFuller/st...48775428231168
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 25, 2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure Aliphine was not eligible for the Shocker Hall of Fame this past year but with Gene being inducted it was appropriate to have him as the sole inductee.

Hard to believe it will be very long before Aliphine joins Gene and the many other great Shockers in the Shocker Hall of Fame. Not sure WSU as ever had an athlete who came from more humble and tough conditions as Aliphine.

Extremely happy to see her having such great success on the pro road racing circuit.

Comment

How Kellyn Taylor Plans to Prove She’s One of the World’s Best Marathoners

https://www.runnersworld.com/runners...ign=ign_adset1

"People say you don’t have to make an Olympic team to have been successful in your career, but the way that I look at it, I kind of do," Taylor admits. "I don’t know if that’s just because I set really high standards and super lofty goals for myself, but for me that would mean I was successful, and the work—all the craziness this life entails—paid off. I don’t know if I would really have words for what it would mean."

Comment

• Kung Wu
              Kung Wu commented
              Editing a comment
              Whoa!

Nine-Time U.S. Champion Aliphine Tuliamuk Added to 2019 TCS New York City Marathon Professional Athlete Field

New York, October 3, 2019 – Nine-time U.S. champion Aliphine Tuliamuk has been added to the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon professional athlete field for November 3. Tuliamuk will race her second TCS New York City Marathon and has had previous success in Central Park with three consecutive podium finishes at the 2016, 2017, and 2018 NYRR New York Mini 10K. Earlier this year, she finished third at the Rotterdam Marathon in 2:26:48, becoming the first American woman to hit the Olympic qualifying standard for the Tokyo Olympic Games.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Nine-Time U.S. Champion Aliphine Tuliamuk Added to 2019 TCS New York City Marathon Professional Athlete Field

New York, October 3, 2019 – Nine-time U.S. champion Aliphine Tuliamuk has been added to the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon professional athlete field for November 3. Tuliamuk will race her second TCS New York City Marathon and has had previous success in Central Park with three consecutive podium finishes at the 2016, 2017, and 2018 NYRR New York Mini 10K. Earlier this year, she finished third at the Rotterdam Marathon in 2:26:48, becoming the first American woman to hit the Olympic qualifying standard for the Tokyo Olympic Games.

ANIMAL!

Comment

This isn't about Aliphine or Kellyn but it is quite impressive. 25 year old Kenyan Brigid Kosgei broke the 16-year old record in the women's Marathon by a whopping 81 seconds. Who knows how fast she will be able to go. Marathon runners usually get better as the mature into their mid-30's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIr5...layer_embedded

Just as impressive was fellow Kenyan Eliud Kipchoge, who is in his mid-30's, became the 1st human being (that we know of) to run a Marathon under 2 hours.

26.2 miles at an average of 4:34 mile.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 23, 2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  26.2 miles at an average of 4:34 mile.
                  That's ... like ... superhuman.

There was a time we thought nobody could run a single mile under 4:00. Think a marathoner will average under 4:00 someday? I do, but I may not be alive when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That's ... like ... superhuman.

There was a time we thought nobody could run a single mile under 4:00. Think a marathoner will average under 4:00 someday? I do, but I may not be alive when it happens.
                    That's hard to imagine but I doubt it was all that long ago when the consensus doubted anyone could break 2 hours.

Comment

New York City Marathon.

Looks like the Women's rice is in the late stages as I post this. About 5k to go.

Kellyn is currently in 9th and Aliphine is currently in 12th place overall. That is 2nd and 3rd among USA runners. The 3 runners behind Alihpine are also USA runners.

Kellyn has moved up to 7th place with only 1 USA runner ahead of her in 6th place. Aliphine is still in 12th place. A couple of miles to go.

Desiree Linden is the 1st USA runner to finish in 6th place followed closely by Kellyn in 7th place. Looks like Aliphine is the 3rd fasrtest USA runner finishing 12th overall.

The winning time was 2:22.38 by 25 year old Kenyan Joyciline Jepkosgei in her inaugural marathon race with defending champion and fellow Kenyan 37-year old Mary Keitany finishing 2nd.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 3, 2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

During the Shocker volleyball match today Mike Kennedy reported on Kellyn's and Aliphine's finish in the NYC Marathon. He mentioned that Aliphine was coming off an injury and that this was her first post-injury race so she may not have even been in peak condition. Kellyn, as 3G would say, has cut up her body. She looks about as well conditioned as one could be.

Comment

Not about Aliphine or Kellyn but it is about a former Shocker:

also

Comment

Something to watch for on Saturday - Shockers at Olympic Marathon Trials:

Former Shockers Aliphine Tuliamuk and Kellyn Taylor (Johnson) try to qualify for the Olympics this weekend.

The U.S. Olympic Team Trials Marathon takes place Saturday at the Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta. The races will be shown on NBC with the men's race beginning at 11:08 a.m. CST and the women's race kicking off at 11:20 a.m. Burnett is in the men's race, and Tuliamuk and Taylor will compete in the women's race.

In order to qualify for the Olympics, athletes must have obtained the Olympic standard time and finish in the top three to earn an automatic bid to Tokyo. The fourth-place finisher will also be selected as the Marathon team's alternate.

Good luck to Aliphine and Kellyn.

Comment

Working...
                            X