Aliphine and Kellyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliphine and Kellyn

Former Shocker great Aliphine Tuliamuk-Bolton won her 1st professional race (a 10 mile event in Flint, Michigan) by 18 seconds over the field.

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...CLID=209227592

Great job Aliphine and best wishes for continued success in your pro career.

Perhaps we will see Aliphine competing for an Olympic marathon title one of these days. I always thought the only reason Aliphine did not win a national championship was because the longest race available to her was the 10K.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 16, 2018, 12:33 PM.

Yes that was an impressive first pro race for Aliphine. I agree that eventually the Marathon will be a great race for her but look for her to run road races in the summer/fall to make some good money then head back to the track in the spring for the 10k for the next couple of years. The top end level Marathoners were almost all top end level 10k runners at one time and I could see Aliphine being the same down the line.

We were very lucky to see her run in a WSU uniform for 3 years. The chances of seeing another like her are very slim. GO PHINE!

Comment

Here's the latest Aliphine update. She announced on her Facebook page that she won a half marathon in New Mexico (where she is training) in 1:09:14. This is a pretty phenominal time and shows her potential at road racing the longer distances. The race was also at 7000 feet altitude, which usually hurts performances - although she is training at altitude now and it wouldn't affect her as much. Aliphine is now 2-for-2 as a pro. Great job PHINE!

Comment

A nice article on Aliphine Tuliamuk.

Comment

Congratulations to former Shocker All-American Aliphine Tuliamuk on her 2nd consecutive national road racing championship.

https://twitter.com/BoltonEndurance/status/917421955162161152

Click on the usatf.tv link for an interview with Aliphine.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 10, 2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Great ESPN article on how Aliphine became the elite runner she is ... http://www.espn.com/espnw/life-style...ndurance:index

Comment

I bet she'd make a great Shockernet interviewee!
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Two former Shocker runners ran well in the New York City Marathon back on November 5th.

Kellyn (Johnson) Taylor finished 8th overall and 3rd among American runners and Aliphine Tuliamuk finished 11th overall and 5th among American runners. Good stuff for the former Shocker All-Americans.

:applouse:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Two former Shocker runners ran well in the New York City Marathon back on November 5th.

Kellyn (Johnson) Taylor finished 8th overall and 3rd among American runners and Aliphine Tuliamuk finished 11th overall and 5th among American runners. Good stuff for the former Shocker All-Americans.

:applouse:
                  Whoa. I had no idea she was competing in marathons -- there's typically some seriously elite competition in the New York.

Comment

Wichita St T&F/XC Retweeted
                    New York Road Runners‏ @nyrr Apr 5

Join us in wishing a very happy birthday to @aliphinetuliamu, our @NYRR @TeamforKids Ambassador! Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Aliphine continues to pound the pavement successfully:

As Tuliamuk made her move, the two-time defending champion opened up her stride and charged up a small hill, leaving Crouch and Bates well behind. Tuliamuk would continue to grow her lead over the final miles, ultimately crossing the line victoriously in 1:25:34.

Tuliamuk’s win not only marked her third straight USATF 25 km Championship title, but earning 30 points for her win gave her 45 points on the USATF Running Circuit season, moving her from a tie for sixth into first place overall, with a 12 point lead over second place Molly Seidel.

Comment

Kung Wu could you retitle this thread to Aliphine and Kellyn

HOKA NAZ Elite‏ @NAZ_Elite

NEW PR! NEW COURSE RECORD!! ⁦@GrandmasMara⁩ CHAMPION!! 2:24:28!!! ⁦@kellyn_taylor⁩!!!! #HOKAONEONE #timetofly

8:19 AM - 16 Jun 2018

Grandma's Marathon: Taylor, Kiptoo back on track

Duluth News Tribune - June 14, 2018
                        https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sp...too-back-track

With temperatures in the 40s, gusty winds and rain, conditions at the Boston Marathon in April were nothing short of awful.

Wisconsin native Kellyn Taylor had high hopes in her first Boston Marathon, but those hopes dissipated in the puddles. Halfway through the 26.2-mile race, a biker, seeing her ghost white, asked if she was OK. She wasn’t. She was hypothermic.
                        “My body was shutting down,” Taylor said of dropping out. “I didn’t really have a whole lot of choice at that point.”

Taylor, 31, has come back with renewed vigor.

Taylor, meanwhile, hails from Sussex, Wis., near Milwaukee, but has lived 7 1/2 years in Flagstaff, Ariz. She ran track and cross country at Wichita State, earning All-America honors.

So what’s her goal on Saturday?

“Lofty, just like all of them,” she said. “I definitely want to win, and depending on the weather, ideally, I’d want to go after the course record.”

Grandma’s is known for being a fast race course, and this year’s event has a large contingency of Americans trying to qualify for the 2020 Olympic Trials.

Ask Taylor if she has run five marathons, and she is quick to correct you.

“Four and a half,” she said. “I’ve started five. Boston was my first race, my first anything, where I ever quit, but the experience has definitely made me more motivated.”

Coincidentally, Taylor, who is trained as a firefighter, found herself in a Boston fire station, being asked if she wanted to go to the hospital.

Saturday will not only be Taylor’s first Grandma’s Marathon, but it will be her first marathon since Boston. She felt a bit cheated by that experience, and now, she’s back. After tackling Grandma’s, you can bet she has future plans to be back in Beantown as well.

Taylor takes Grandma's women's title, event record

Duluth News Tribune - Juine 16. 2018

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sp...e-event-record

American Kellyn Taylor claimed the Grandma’s Marathon women’s title in her first attempt and smashed the Grandma's record to boot.

Taylor, a Wisconsin native from Flagstaff, Ariz., broke Sarah Kiptoo’s race record of 2:26.32 set in 2013 by nearly two minutes in a time of 2:24:39.

Taylor’s previous personal-best time was 2:28:40 in the 2015 Houston Marathon.

CONGRATULATIONS KELLYN
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 16, 2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Wow! Well congratulations Kellyn! That's no small feat!!

Comment

Nice article by Taylor Eldridge on Kellyn Taylor's milestone marathon win in Duluth.

Comment

Think she will be in the Olympics?! If she can sustain this, how can she not?

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                                1972Shocker commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You would think she has a puncher's chance I guess if she can stay healthy

• Kung Wu
                                Kung Wu commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Absolutely. That would be fantastic!!
                            Working...
                            X