NCAA SB Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Assuming someone thinks RPI is germane to this discussion ...

South Carolina, the eleventh SEC school, has a higher RPI than Kansas, the next Big XII school after Baylor, and than DePaul, the next Big East school after Notre Dame. However, Iowa of the Big Ten has a higher RPI than South Carolina. And this is just RPI, not record the last so many games, not record against the top so many teams, etc.
    Good call on Iowa. They slipped my mind. That was the one team that I missed on of the 64. I had them in and James Madison out. I do think they belonged in. They had a horrible finish and had a pretty bad Big Ten record but they had tons of good non-conference wins early.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
      Good call on Iowa. They slipped my mind. That was the one team that I missed on of the 64. I had them in and James Madison out. I do think they belonged in. They had a horrible finish and had a pretty bad Big Ten record but they had tons of good non-conference wins early.
      Iowa lost in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament. South Carolina took a game from Florida on the last weekend of regular season and won one game in the SEC Tournament. That may have been the difference.

Comment

#1 Oklahoma and #7 Tennessee begin the best two-of-three Championship Series tonight.

Comment

The first game of the series was an absolutely great game. I think it's the best game I have ever watched. Glad OU won it especially with everything that's been going on in Oklahoma.

Comment

For completeness of the thread:

Tennessee 3-5 (12) Oklahoma

Oklahoma 4-0 Tennessee

Comment

Working...
            X