Shocker Women's 2012 Track & Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Women's 2012 Track & Field

One of my favorite Shocker athletes, Tanya Friesen, obliterated the school record in the heptathlon at a combined events meet at the University of Arkansas.

Her score of 5,757 bested the 20 year old record held by Denise Brungardt by a whopping 208 points. This is the 3rd best score nationally so far although it is early in the outdoor season.

Tanya set personal bests in 5 of the 7 events.

I hope she can stay healthy and finsih out her career with Shocks with a bang.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.- Tanya Friesen broke the Wichita State Track & Field heptathlon record on Monday with a score 5,757 at the John McDonald Combined Events.

Oops, should have titled that 2013 not 2012. @kai: can you change that if not too much trouble.

Comment

Comment

Friesen now ranks third in the NCAA in the heptathlon. She became the third Shocker woman ranked in the top five in the nation this season, joining Aliphine Tuliamuk-Bolton (5,000m), and Mariah Garcia (discus).

Of course, we all know Aliphine. But I'm not really familiar with Mariah. I guess that is because she is a FRESHMAN out of Yukon, Oklahoma majoring in pre-med.

ST. LOUIS- Just two meets into Shocker career, freshman Mariah Garcia has earned the Missouri Valley Conference Field Athlete of the Week Award for April 9.

Congratulations on a great start to your collegiate career Mariah. The sky apparently is the limit for this young lady.

We may have another must see female track and field athlete sporting Shocker Black and Gold.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 10, 2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

There will be a time (I think) when Shocker Freshman Mariah Garcia has a meet where she does set a new Shocker record in the discus throw. But that will have to wait for at least one more meet.
          In three collegiate meets, Mariah has shattered the Shockers discus record three times. Garcia achieved her goal of breaking 180 feet with a throw of 181-9.

Garcia defeated the field by nearly 16 feet. She leads all other Missouri Valley Conference throwers by five feet this season. The toss moves her into fourth place in the NCAA.

Looks to me like Mariah knows where the weight room is and what to do when she gets there:

Congrats Mariah and keep up the great work.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 14, 2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Tanya Friesen keeps on keepin' on. Tanya won the long jump and posted a personal best of 20-3. Friesen ranks second among long jumpers in the Valley this season. Friesen’s jump is also the sixth farthest in school history.

The senior set the Shocker heptathlon record earlier this week with a score of 5,757 at the John McDonald Combined Events at Arkansas.

Ohter performances can be fund here: http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500

Comment

Working...
            X