Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lady Shockers-2013-14 Edition: What will we look like and where will we be picked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
    If you noticed, Jody pulled Ali quite a few times after very few minutes. She is still a freshman with a large learning curve. Kelsey played a guard spot most of the game and when she chooses can get to the rim and shoot the short jumper. We'll see where that goes. I like this team.
    There is no question that the time sitting out has left her rusty. It will be interesting to see if she can eventually win a starting spot. My point was not that she didn't have any defense liabilities (or more to the point in the last game-- defensive lapses) but that her physical ability to play defense was not quite as deficient as it might first appear. I like this team too. Lots of length and lots of hustle.
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• I consider Alie a good friend so I meant no disrespect. She lacks the true speed of a Jamillah and the length of an Alex but she has done a decent job of keeping people in front of her.
      In one instance yesterday she started to enter the game for the wrong player, and then incorrectly ran the inbounds play. That usually winds most reserves right back on the bench in most cases.
      My concern is that in situations we slide Alie to the 2 and Kelsey to the 3 and we could face quicker players at both positions. As tight as Jody likes to play man to man defense that doesn't leave much room for error when guarding players with a quick first step.
      I love this teams hustle and blue collar attitude. As hard as we defend the new rules could hurt us before it hurts other teams. Hopefully slashers like Jamillah can get to the line more bc of the calls as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
        I consider Alie a good friend so I meant no disrespect. She lacks the true speed of a Jamillah and the length of an Alex but she has done a decent job of keeping people in front of her.
        In one instance yesterday she started to enter the game for the wrong player, and then incorrectly ran the inbounds play. That usually winds most reserves right back on the bench in most cases.
        My concern is that in situations we slide Alie to the 2 and Kelsey to the 3 and we could face quicker players at both positions. As tight as Jody likes to play man to man defense that doesn't leave much room for error when guarding players with a quick first step.
        I love this teams hustle and blue collar attitude. As hard as we defend the new rules could hurt us before it hurts other teams. Hopefully slashers like Jamillah can get to the line more bc of the calls as well.
        I looked at the web site of the team we're playing Friday. They have some size. I don't if they are good, but they do have 6-2 to 6-4 on the roster. Perhaps a test of our interior defense and rebounding.

Comment

• You are gonna have to take notes for me Friday coach. No way that work allows me to attend that one. Plus I usually skip the mid day games where they bring buses of kids. Hopefully we get a W and I can be there Saturday.

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
          I looked at the web site of the team we're playing Friday. They have some size. I don't if they are good, but they do have 6-2 to 6-4 on the roster. Perhaps a test of our interior defense and rebounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
            You are gonna have to take notes for me Friday coach. No way that work allows me to attend that one. Plus I usually skip the mid day games where they bring buses of kids. Hopefully we get a W and I can be there Saturday.
            I'll put my ear plugs in and give a report after the game. Fortunately, I'm a little hard of hearing anyway.

Comment

• Nice to see that the Shocks knocked down some perimeter shots against SW Baptist thanks mostly to the Dapprich sisters.

The 57.1% (24-42) shooting from the free throw line in the two exhibition games definitely needs to improve. With our athleticism we could very well get to the line a lot this year with the new rules and we need to shoot much better than 57% as a team on those opportunities.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                I'll put my ear plugs in and give a report after the game. Fortunately, I'm a little hard of hearing anyway.
                I don't think this is a Schoolhouse Rocks game because in the past that has been a semi-annual affair and we had such a game last year (Northern Colorado).

I think the IPFW game is in the afternoon because the Shocker Volleyball team plays in Koch Arena Friday evening. So you may not need those earplugs after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I don't think this is a Schoolhouse Rocks game because in the past that has been a semi-annual affair and we had such a game last year (Northern Colorado).

I think the IPFW game is in the afternoon because the Shocker Volleyball team plays in Koch Arena Friday evening. So you may not need those earplugs after all.
                  It is a school house rock game (although the volleyball game scheduling issue is also true). Becky mentioned it at halftime of the last game.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                    It is a school house rock game (although the volleyball game scheduling issue is also true). Becky mentioned it at halftime of the last game.
                    Thanks. So perhaps they are making that an annual event now. Which is OK, although cuts me out of attending at least one game per year. It does give a boost to the reported attendance numbers for WSU Women's basketball, artificial as it may be.

Comment

Working...
                    X