Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lady Shockers-2013-14 Edition: What will we look like and where will we be picked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those two would look good in anything
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

5-10 Fr Kayla White

Comment

5-11 Jr. Alex Harden, perhaps my favorite current Shocker, primarily because she comes in a wrapper labeled "Best All-Around Player in the Valley" and is a Valley POY candidate for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          5-11 Jr. Alex Harden, perhaps my favorite current Shocker, primarily because she comes in a wrapper labeled "Best All-Around Player in the Valley" and is a Valley POY candidate for sure.

Met her family at the LSU game. Many of the Texas kids had family there. Great people and easy to see where our student athletes get thier mojo from.

Comment

A look at the yellow uniforms:

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Now those are golden girls. Starting lineup perhaps? Most likely just all our returning players.

Based on Jody's past tendencies I could see her starting one of her better defensive guards or wings. One thing I was wondering about is how much would Jody use Kelsey and Michelle in the lineup at the same time and how much she would alternate them?

With our lack of depth at the post I would anticipate a lot of alternating. Foul trouble may dictate a lot of how that goes.

Comment

Alex Harden picked by CollegeSportsMadness.com as their preseason MVC Player of the Year.

Website CollegeSportsMadness.com named Alex Harden its Missouri Valley Conference preseason Player of the Year and Jody Adams its preseason Coach of the Year.

Alex certainly has the talent to fulfill that prediction and for the Shockers to be successful this year nothing less may be enough.

I really like Alex's game and I hoping she goes into full bloom this year.

Comment

Some more love for Alex Harden by CollegeSportsMadness.com

Accolades continue to flow for Wichita State University women's basketball player Alex Harden. The junior was named to CollegeSportsMadness.com's preseason All-High Major Team.

college sports madness,Women's Basketball,Akron,Central Michigan,Colorado State,Dayton,Florida International,Fordham,James Madison,Middle Tennessee,Old Dominion,Saint Mary's,San Diego,Seattle U,Southern Miss,Towson,UTEP,Wichita State,Wright State,Wyoming,CSM Staff,Awards

Comment

Overall I was pretty please with what I saw of the Lady Shocks at Shocker Madness.

Pretty good athleticism throughout the lineup. I thought the two JC transfers (Jamillah and Valerierose) looked the best of the newcomers. Jamillah was longer than I was anticipating.

I think we will see a typical Jody Adams team that will be all over you defensively and hopefully can find enough offense to make the defense pay off. We could struggle against teams with good size.

Bottom line though is that I feel better about this teams chances in Valley play after seeing them then I had previously.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Overall I was pretty please with what I saw of the Lady Shocks at Shocker Madness.

Pretty good athleticism throughout the lineup. I thought the two JC transfers (Jamillah and Valerierose) looked the best of the newcomers. Jamillah was longer than I was anticipating.

I think we will see a typical Jody Adams team that will be all over you defensively and hopefully can find enough offense to make the defense pay off. We could struggle against teams with good size.

Bottom line though is that I feel better about this teams chances in Valley play after seeing them then I had previously.
                      I agree. I just hope they look at different offensive sets. Once again they were setting on ball screens at the top of the key and a lot of standing around. Last year Diamond would hold the ball, wait for a screen and then we'd force shots. If we get lots of points off of "D" this won't matter, but not every game works that way. Anyway, much better than I thought we'd be.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                        I agree. I just hope they look at different offensive sets. Once again they were setting on ball screens at the top of the key and a lot of standing around. Last year Diamond would hold the ball, wait for a screen and then we'd force shots. If we get lots of points off of "D" this won't matter, but not every game works that way. Anyway, much better than I thought we'd be.
                        I read Jody's assessment of this year's team. I wish she wouldn't build up a player like Bonner before she plays a real game. She did that with Alex and it jinxed her in her freshman year. I think Bonner, Alex, Dap, Michelle and Kelsey are a nice line up, but who knows. I also don't like Bonner compared to past greats. To compare her to Pro player Haleigh is ridiculous. Haleigh was a great player who I thought was never allowed to play up to her potential.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                          I read Jody's assessment of this year's team. I wish she wouldn't build up a player like Bonner before she plays a real game. She did that with Alex and it jinxed her in her freshman year. I think Bonner, Alex, Dap, Michelle and Kelsey are a nice line up, but who knows. I also don't like Bonner compared to past greats. To compare her to Pro player Haleigh is ridiculous. Haleigh was a great player who I thought was never allowed to play up to her potential.
                          o

I like Bonner. I still don't want Jody singing her praises until mid season, but I like her, very tough. We have a way to go.

Comment

Really liked Jamillah's game today. She brings a lot of energy to the team and I wasn't expecting her to score so much today. Michelle played really well and does a great job breaking her defender down from the free throw line as getting to the basket. Alex was Alex. Made things look easy. Couple of huge block shots. Allie knocked a 3 and looked a little quicker than last year. Michaela didn't do much to speak of, but nothing to hurt us either.
                            Kelsey Jacobs looked lost. I hope she puts it together at some point. Valerierose may take minutes from her if she continues to play well.
                            I liked Jaleesa Chapel's length and aggression on the offensive end. Couple of near misses but looked to score. Kayla White and Marissa Preston both logged minutes but have work to do. Moriah Dapprich grabbed several rebounds but needs to work on her upper body strength to avoid getting tied up or getting stripped.
                            Overall I like our defensive intensity and length. Jamillah and Alex could be the toughest defensive guard duo in the league. But I agree I don't like to see Jody piling on too much on Jamillah until she earns it. But she's a baller.

Comment

I'm just going to note that these exact complaints were made about Jody's remarks about Alex. I didn't have a problem with it then and I don't now.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Noted Hatter. Did you have any impressions from the women's game today? Always curious how many shockernet contributors get to women's games.

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                                I'm just going to note that these exact complaints were made about Jody's remarks about Alex. I didn't have a problem with it then and I don't now.

Comment

Working...
                                X