No announcement yet.

Shocker WBB @ Illinois State and @ Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks are pretty much imploding right now. No defense. No offense. Turning the ball over. INS on a 9-0 run to pull back to 42-41.

The Shocks literally just threw that 10-point lead away. Just absolutely threw it away. :disturbed:

Comment

Shocks miss another easy layup, but Bugg did get fouled slightly and knocked down both FT's.

Comment

Michaela with a huge 3-pointer. The freshman is perhaps the one Shocks playing to win and not to lose. She makes some mistakes here and there put her mistakes are aggressive mistakes not passive or scared mistakes.

Comment

Good thing Michaela is knocking down the treys because Darice is having trouble finding the range although she is getting some good looks.

Shocks lead 49-41 with 7 mintues remaining in the game.

Comment

Shot clock violation by the Shocks coming out of the timeout. How does that happen. Really!

Here we go again. Shocks give up a wide open shot from the free throw line. Then the Shocks turn it over and now have fouled INS.

This team simply does not know how to play with a lead.

No idea whether the Shocks have what it takes to win this game. Not looking very good even thought the Shocks still lead by 5.

Comment

INS pulls to within two but Alex hits a nice jumper in the lane to put the Shocks up 53-49 at the final media timeout. Alex and Michaela playing well. They could use some help.

Comment

Deleted

Comment

Michaela with another 3. Nothing but the bottom of the net. Then Dapp grabs the rebound off an INS miss. Then Alex score again with a 15 foot jumper. Then Alex knocks down two free throws.

Maybe Micheala and Alex don't need any help. Shocks lead 60-51 with a minute to go.

Jaz Gordon knocks down a couple of free throws. Put this one in the deep freeze.

Comment

Great job today, Ladies. Let's finish it off in Springfield.

Comment

We could really use Jessie being back for MSU, but good job getting the win without her. I guess the fact that two underclassmen led the way in Jessie's absence is encouraging for the future, but I would like Jessie to have the chance to end her career with the ball in her hands.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Shocks with a big 63-53 win as they beat the Sycamores in Terre Haute for the 1st time in 10 years keeping their hope for a Valley championship alive.

Michaela who replaced Jessica in the starting lineup pumped in a career high 22 points on 8-13 from field (4-6 on 3-pointers), 2-2 from the line, 6 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal in 35 minutes of play.

Alex played the full 40 minutes and tookover the leadership of the game after the Shocks gave up their 10-point lead midway through the 3rd quarter. She finished with 16 points on 7-15 from the field, 2-2 from the line, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 blocks and 2 steals.

Great job by the Ladies overcoming the absence of Jessica Diamond, although it does make that heartbreaking loss to ILS on Thursday just that much more painful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                          We could really use Jessie being back for MSU, but good job getting the win without her. I guess the fact that two underclassmen led the way in Jessie's absence is encouraging for the future, but I would like Jessie to have the chance to end her career with the ball in her hands.
                          Did anyone catch what the nature of Jessica's injury was?

Comment

Illinois State leading Missouri State 47-15 at halftime.

However, the real score of interest. At the half: Drake 37 - Creighton 30. Go Lady Bulldogs!

Comment

CU wins by 1. Drake pulled within 1 with 12 seconds to go after a missed CU front end of the one-and-one, but apparently couldn't get the foul committed and CU ran out the final 12 seconds (going by the online stats).
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                                CU wins by 1. Drake pulled within 1 with 12 seconds to go after a missed CU front end of the one-and-one, but apparently couldn't get the foul committed and CU ran out the final 12 seconds (going by the online stats).
                                Dang it, this Shocker team just can't catch a break. Still they have their destiny in their own hands. Hopefully, the Lady Shocks have one more Senior Night road win in the bag. As you said before it would be great to get Jessica back for Missouri State.

Comment

Working...
                                X