No announcement yet.

Shocker WBB @ Illinois State and @ Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, Chynna puts back an offensive rebound with 8 seconds to go to give the Shocks a 56-55 lead but Alexis Jenkins of ILS hits a desperation 17-footer at the buzzer to win the game for the Redbirds.

What a heartbreaking loss in a game the Shockers deserved to win.

No excuses from Jody. ILS was the aggressor down the stretch and it paid off for them.

Still great effort by the Ladies against what is probably the most physically gifted team in the league. It just wasn't quite enough.

Comment

What was the deal about the shot clock not being reset after the WSU shot hit the rim according to Brian? Are they not allowed to review something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        What was the deal about the shot clock not being reset after the WSU shot hit the rim according to Brian? Are they not allowed to review something like that?
        Yes, they reviewed and corrected that. Brian's point was that Alex had gotten the offensive rebound and had a wide open layup when they called the shot clock violation. They did give the ball back to the Shox with 28 seconds on the clock and Jaz did score on that possession, so I don't think that had anything to do with the outcome of the game.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 28, 2013, 10:59 PM.

Comment

From their paper.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            Interesting. Sounds like the Shocks had Jenkins wrapped up in a double team and then both players dropped off her and left her wide open to take the final shot.

I think I would rather have lost this game by 10 than this way. This will be tougher for the Shocks to rebound from.

Comment

Shockers in a must win situatuion today at Indiana State. I don't think they can afford another loss and still tie Creighton for the regular season title.

Jessica Diamon is not playing today, although I did not hear why she is out. She took an absolute beating against Illinois State. My guess is she has a concussion. This will make things very tough for the Shocks. Let's see if anyone can step up.

Game is on Cox 34/2034.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Indiana State packing in the zone.

Comment

Shockers doing a terrible job of stopping dribble pentration, which outside of Alex Harden has been a problem for this team.

Shocks trail 9-7 at the 1st media timeout.

Comment

Michaela playing well, hopefully she can stay out of foul trouble which has plagued her lately. I think we will also need Darice to knock down a few shots this game against this paced in zone. She was very good on senior night but not so good in the last game against Illinois State. But perhaps as much as anyone we need Jaz Gordon and Chynna Turner to have good games.

Shocks lead 16-13 at the under 8 timeout.

Comment

Shocks giving up way too many offensive rebounds. Or at least it seems that way.

Shocks up 23-21 at the under 4 media timeout, but INS will be shooting 2 FT's after the timeout.

Darice knocked down a 3 to put the Shocks back in the lead. I think the Shocks are going to have to shoot better if they are going to win this game. Doesn't appear they are able to play with INS in the paint.

Comment

Love Michaela but she really has to learn to quit forcing passes into heavy defensive coverage.

Comment

Shocks leading 28-26 at the half. Got a couple of big threes late in the half from Darice. Probably are going to need more of that from Darice and perhaps Michaela in the second half.

Both teams playing hard.

Comment

Shocks off to a good start in the 2nd half leading 40-32 at the 1st media timeout with Michaela shooting FT's after the time out. Of course, we got off to a good start in the 2nd half against ILS also but could not sustain it. Hopefully, today will be different.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Michelle getting a steal and a break away but blows the layup. That just can't happen. Those are the little details that you have to take care of if you want to win.

Comment

Shocks have jumped out to the 10 point lead and have had about 5 chances to extend the lead and simply have not taken advantage of those opportunities.

Letting INS hang around and now they give up the hoop and the harm and INS is right back in it.

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X