No announcement yet.

Shocker Women 2012-13 Indoor Track & Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats on the win Shockers, it was a great meet.

The women's 5k was a mess, they ran an EXTRA LAP! That's why everyone's times were so slow. I knew when I saw your #1 runner stop the clock at 17:22 that something was seriously messed up. Leave it to UNI to mess that up. It's a long enough race as it is, let alone going an extra lap!

Comment

Originally posted by isu87 View Post
      congrats on the win Shockers, it was a great meet.

The women's 5k was a mess, they ran an EXTRA LAP! That's why everyone's times were so slow. I knew when I saw your #1 runner stop the clock at 17:22 that something was seriously messed up. Leave it to UNI to mess that up. It's a long enough race as it is, let alone going an extra lap!
      You've got to be kidding me. Sounds like it was a great meet otherwise. I wasn't totally sure the Shocks had enough to overcome the graduation of Audacia Moore but they came through with flying colors.

Comment

it was a great meet, UNI provided free video of the meet once again. Thought the Sycamores had it won, but the Shocker high jumpers came thru with some clutch jumps and gave the lead back to WSU. ISU was too far back once the 4 x 400 relay came around. Looking forward to the outdoor meet in May! Should be a great meet as well!

Comment

Congratulations!!! Hurry back Shocks cuz we need you to shovel the snow off the baseball field. It's BASEBALL season!!!

Comment

Originally posted by isu87 View Post
            it was a great meet, UNI provided free video of the meet once again. Thought the Sycamores had it won, but the Shocker high jumpers came thru with some clutch jumps and gave the lead back to WSU. ISU was too far back once the 4 x 400 relay came around. Looking forward to the outdoor meet in May! Should be a great meet as well!

The ISU track program has really come a long way. You have much to be proud of there.

I wondered about the length when I saw the time elapse...I kept thinking "okay, that's the last lap...."

As for the free video, I'd like to see the MVC make member institutions provide championship coverage for free. We shouldn't have to pay for that, imho.

Comment

well, Drake is hosting the MVC outdoor meet, so we'll see if they provide free video of the meet, you're right, they should.

Comment

How do they make them run an extra lap? Someone needs to get a clue as to how things are supposed to happen.

But regardless, a win is great. Helps in the all-sports trophy standings.

Comment

Excellent program and even done so using a lot of local talent.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                    How do they make them run an extra lap? Someone needs to get a clue as to how things are supposed to happen.

I suspect the lap counter fell asleep one time when Alphine ran by and didn't turn the lap counter.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                      I haven't broken out my slide rule just yet, but so far in 5 events for WSU they have a 1st (IWT&F), two 2nds (IMT&F and WXC) and two 3rds (MXC & Volleyball).

Prospects for championships in mens and womens basketball, mens golf, mens and womens track and field and mens and womens tennis still exist.

Softball, womens golf and baseball look to be the problem children right now.

I'm saying a total of five 1sts, five 2nds, three 3rds and 2 eggs. 2.47 average to keep the trophy right here in the 316.

Comment

I think it will come down to WSU and ILS this year, but he Shocks are getting off to a great start through the 7 fall and winter sports we compete in. Last year's winner MSU is not doing well at all through the winter and I don't think they will be factor at all this year.

Ironicially, our Sweet 16 Volleyball team is tied with Men's XC as the poorest finishes so far with 3rd place finishes in their respective sports.

The spring, of course, with the Shocks participating in 8 championships is the big season. We compete in 3 in the fall and 4 in the winter. Having one of our best, if not our best winter seasons ever but both the basketball teams still have some work to do.

I think the Shocks will finish with an average finish in the 2.5 to 2.7 range or better and I think it will be a stretch for anyone else to break below 3 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I'm saying a total of five 1sts, five 2nds, three 3rds and 2 eggs. 2.47 average to keep the trophy right here in the 316.
                          I think your are going to be pretty close there Doc. Technically, though we will be returning the trophy to its rightful place in the 316 after MSU edged out the Shocks for the Championship last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            I think your are going to be pretty close there Doc. Technically, though we will be returning the trophy to its rightful place in the 316 after MSU edged out the Shocks for the Championship last year.
                            Much like the phantom finish in St. Louis 5 years ago when we beat Creighton but were somehow denied the opportunity to compete in the semifinals, I don't really acknowledge MSU winning the crown last season. Their finish was bolstered by swimming and diving as well as mens and womens soccer, events where roughly half the conference competes at essentially a club level, allowing them just to "show up" and not be penalized.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Prospects for championships in mens and womens basketball, mens golf, mens and womens track and field and mens and womens tennis still exist.

Softball, womens golf and baseball look to be the problem children right now.
                              Baseball as a problem child. That is just sad.

Comment

A school has had an aggregate point total better than 3.0 (average finish of each sponsored sport) seven times (including both MSU and WSU last year) since 1993-94 when the current point system was adopted. Illinois State’s 2.47 score in 1996-97 is the league standard.

Actually, I think the Shocks have a reasonable shot at setting a new AST record score. We need strong finishes from both basketball teams over the next 10 days, we need the baseball team to finish as predicted (2nd) and we need both the softball team and the women's golf teams to move up a couple of notches from their finishes last year -- 9th for softball and 6th for women's golf.

A lot of wood to saw yet to make that happen.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

Working...
                                X