WBB: Shocks 70 - Drake 51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
    One tv news station forget the women were even playing at home and showed up with under 10 min left in the game and left 6 minutes later. Not a lot of love there for the ladies.

I've got a question, maybe OTWHC can help me out. A number of times this season, the ladies have gone on scoring runs where they might a couple of fast break baskets back to back and really steal the momentum. Why does Jody call time out in these situations? I can see the opposing team calling one to calm their players but can't figure out why she does it. It feels like she slows our momentum instead of forcing the other team into burning one.
    I'm not exactly sure, but have seen the same thing. I do know Jody is a perfectionist and even in wins it can look like we lost. I've seen what I thought Jessie, Kelsey or Alex our three top scorers were playing fine and she pulls them, glares at them, chews on them and eventually puts them back in the game. Though Kelsey had 14 on 7-9 last game, it was obvious she was in Jody's doghouse. Personally I prefer to get up big on a team, take the air out of their balloon and force them to use timeouts to slow our run. I don't know if this helps, but it's my best shot.

Comment

It may be my imagination but seems to me like Jody will often call time outs as media timeouts are coming up quite often. I don't know if she does that for any strategic reason of is she used that perhaps as a means of getting a little more of a rest period for some of her key players (i.e. Jessica Diamond) at certain times. That actually might be a good question to pose to Jody on her weekly radio show. Coach, what is your philosophy as far as using time outs is concerned?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        It may be my imagination but seems to me like Jody will often call time outs as media timeouts are coming up quite often. I don't know if she does that for any strategic reason of is she used that perhaps as a means of getting a little more of a rest period for some of her key players (i.e. Jessica Diamond) at certain times. That actually might be a good question to pose to Jody on her weekly radio show. Coach, what is your philosophy as far as using time outs is concerned?
        That is a common practice in both mens and womens games and I don't get it, especially if we are on a nice run. I've never listened to Jody's radio show. Is it 1330 a.m.?

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
          I've never listened to Jody's radio show. Is it 1330 a.m.?
          Yes, 1330 AM. Usually it is on Monday's at 7:00 pm depending on game and travel schedules immediately following Coach Marshall's show at 6:00 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Yes, 1330 AM. Usually it is on Monday's at 7:00 pm depending on game and travel schedules immediately following Coach Marshall's show at 6:00 pm.
            Just got word Kelsey sprained her ankle in practice, may miss this weekend. I don't know if we sweep without her, but I'm rooting for us!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
              Just got word Kelsey sprained her ankle in practice, may miss this weekend. I don't know if we sweep without her, but I'm rooting for us!!!
              That's unfortunate. We managed to survive without Jaz, so hopefully we can do the same with Kelsey, but it sure would be nice to just be fully healthy.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
              X