WBB: Early Season Showdown vs Creighton - Saturday, Jan 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBB: Early Season Showdown vs Creighton - Saturday, Jan 19th

The Shocks host the pre-season Valley favorite Creighton Bluejays on Saturday, January 19th at 7:00 pm.

Hopefully, Shocker fans will been in an upbeat mood following the men's game vs Creighton at 3:00 pm that afternoon.

Just caught a snippet of Jody's show tonight. Creighton seems to clearly be the class of the Valley so far. They are 2nd in the nation in made 3's per game and they shoot a little over 38% from behind the arc as a team.

The Bluejays are 12-3 overall with losses to OU, Kansas and Minnesota (2OT). They are 4-0 in the Valley winning over SIU, ILS and INS by 19 points each and over Evansville by 7. Surprisingly Evansville, who is not very good, has give the Bluejays their toughest game to this point in Valley play.

The Bluejays will have a one-half game lead over the 3-0 Shocks heading into Saturday's game. The Shocks have wins at home over MSU and on the road over BU and UNI.

Brian Petrotta reported tonight that Saturday is Pack the Gym night with Buy one, get one free tickets if purchased before Saturday. Why they put those deadlines on WBB game promotions when they struggle to put 500 butts in the seats at games is beyond me. In fact, I don't know why they didn't use the men's Creighton game as a tie in to the women's game. I would have offered one Women's GA ticket in exchange for the ticket stub from the men's game with Creighton. But WDIK and nobody asked me so it will be what it is I guess.

This is not a must win, but if the Ladies really want to have a shot at a Valley Championship a win at home against Creigton would be a very key win. A loss at home would be very difficult to overcome.

:poster_shocks:
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 14, 2013, 09:17 PM.

Received a Wu's News e-mail today regarding the Illinois State and Creighton game.

You will receive free admisstion to the Women's game vs Creighton with your ticket stubb from the Men's Creighton game.

Good decision Becky and Eric.

Comment

Evansville with a surprising 71-57 win on the road over Illinois State last night.

Comment

Jaz Gordon sitting out with a concussion suffered at UNI. Alie Decker still out with a knee injury. A little better than normal crowd, but not what you would expect considering it was Creigton, both teams were unbeaten in Valley play and admission was free with your stubb from this afternoon's men's game.

The Shocks looked totally lost as Creighton jumped out to an 11-0 lead. The Shocks go to player, Jessica Diamond only managed 6 points for the game.

Final score: Shocks 67 - Bluejays 45. Yes, 67-45 win for the Shocks despite the above as the Lady Shocks take sole possesion of 1st place.

Alex Harden (career high 20 points), Bugg Jones (career high 16 points, mostly, if not all, in the 2nd half) and Michelle Price (14 points, a bucket full of rebounds and 6 steals) carried the Shocks to the win. Good time for 3 of your players to play their best games of the year, and perhaps in their careers.
        Great job Ladies.

Some major league positive karma permeating the Roundhouse today. What a day to be a Shocker. To bad more fans didn't take the advantage of the opportunity to fully participate in such a tremendous day to be a Shocker.

:wsu_posters: :yahoo:
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 19, 2013, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I'm not a WBB regular, but usually make 3-4 games per season. After sCUm jumped the Lady Shocks in the first 5 minutes of the game, the defensive light went on and the Shocks HUGELY outplayed the Jays for the rest of the game. Creighton couldn't get comfortable on offense and the Shocks had a boatload of points off turnovers.

I don't think I've seen a WSU women's team play with as much resolve as they did tonight.

Clean sweeps are good.

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

That was a good a defensive performance as I think is possible. Our ability to rotate the defense faster than CU could rotate the ball was incredible. Great performance!
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The Shocks defense was very good and after the slow start the offense was better than normal, especially the 2nd half. Of course, the Shocks always look better offensively when they turn in points of their defense in good numbers.

The Shocks defense really had the Blueyjays pushed out away from the basket for most of the game. Simply took them out of their comfort zone.

Nothing like a 67-34 run to close out a game, especially against Creighton.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 20, 2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I should sleep very well tonight, although not exactly sure when I will be coming back down to earth.

Comment

After gathering up ticket stubs, Mrs. ShockBand, Lil' ShockBand, Nana ShockBand, and I took in the women's game. Another great victory to enjoy over the Jays! I was a little concerned after spotting them an 11-0 start, but they really turned it on after that. Lots of explosive quickness in this year's women's team!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    After gathering up ticket stubs, Mrs. ShockBand, Lil' ShockBand, Nana ShockBand, and I took in the women's game. Another great victory to enjoy over the Jays! I was a little concerned after spotting them an 11-0 start, but they really turned it on after that. Lots of explosive quickness in this year's women's team!
                    If the other team didn't jump to a quick double-digit lead we wouldn't know that it was the Shockers out on the floor. Fortunately, most games at home it hasn't hurt us in the end, but speaking as a fan, my heart would do better if we got off to better starts. Still, it is hard to complain when you beat the league favorite that badly.
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Working...
                    X