Shockers v UA-Pine Bluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers v UA-Pine Bluff

Game day article, emphasizing the roles of Decker and Dapprich.

I anticipate a sluggish start given the let down of the UT loss. Of course I hope to be proven wrong.

Go Shocks!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Why would the women be affected by the UT game?
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        Why would the women be affected by the UT game?
        Big blow out. Should boost some confidence. SMU should be tougher as will Wisconsin Green Bay. The stats on Go Shockers are off. No matter, we're back to .500. Might stay that way or 7-5 heading into the Valley which would be nice.

Comment

Shocks do have some kids capable of knocking down some shots if teams pack in a zone like most opponents have been doing and as ARPB did today.

Freshmen Alie Decker (19 points) and Michaela Dapprich (15 points, 6 rebounds) stepped up big time as did Senior Darice Fountaine (14 points, 11 in the 2nd half), another 1st year Shocker. Kelsey Jacobs also knocked down a couple of mid-range jumpers as well. Granted ARPB is not the strongest opponent but this was good to see.

The Shockers had 26 assists to only 11 turnovers, perhaps the best assist to turnover ration I can remember.

A good confidence builder hopefully with two much tougher games remaining on the non-con schedule. SMU on the road and a very good Green Bay team at Koch Arena. If the Shocks can get both of those they will be locked a loaded for Valley play.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 15, 2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Freshmen Alie Decker (19 points) and Michaela Dapprich (15 points, 6 rebounds) stepped up big time as did Senior Darice Fountaine (14 points, 11 in the 2nd half), another 1st year Shocker. Kesley Jacobs also knocked down a couple of mid-range jumpers as well.
            Both Alie and Michaela took a shot when they had one, but were not forcing anything. But they were not deferring to the seniors either. :) Jessie, on the other hand, was forcing some shots, not her usual style. Kelsey is fine offensively when facing the basket, but is still struggling when she gets the ball with her back to the basket. As noted, not a strong opponent, but surely a confidence building victory.

Comment

It is why I shouldn't post from my phone on a 50k training run as I cycle through my fluid & food routine in preparation for an ultra. My apologies for the absentminded nature of my. Jeesh! Sincere apologies to all.

Go Shocks!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                It is why I shouldn't post from my phone on a 50k training run as I cycle through my fluid & food routine in preparation for an ultra. My apologies for the absentminded nature of my. Jeesh! Sincere apologies to all.

Go Shocks!
                Haleigh Lankster and Crystal Henderson were in the House. Chrystal is doing well playing JUCO. Haleigh is still waiting for the call to play for money. She's coaching as she waits.

Comment

Working...
                X