USATF U20 Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USATF U20 Championships

Go Shockers - Three Shockers, One Signee to Compete at USATF U20 Championships

Three Wichita State freshmen and one 2024-25 signee are scheduled to compete in the USATF U20 Championships June 12-13 at Hayward Field.

The top two athletes in each event will be named to the 2024 World Athletics U20 Championships national team. The World U20 Championships will take place Aug. 27-31 in Lima, Peru.​

Natalie Hill, who competed unattached as a redshirt during her freshman season, will compete in the heptathlon on Wednesday starting at 1:44 p.m. CT/11:44 a.m. PT and Thursday starting at 11 a.m. CT/9 a.m. PT.​

SCHEDULE
    Wednesday
    W Heptathlon – Natalie Hill – 1:44 p.m. CT/11:44 a.m. PT – 6:45 p.m. CT/4:45 p.m. PT​

Thursday
    W Heptathlon – Natalie Hill – 11 a.m. CT/9 a.m. PT. – 2:30 p.m. CT/12:30 p.m. PT​
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

I really don't quite know how Natalie Hill might stack up in this event but their are only 6 entries in the filed.

She did complete 1 heptathlon as an unattached redshirt freshman this year scoring a very modest 4.455 points. The only other of the 6th athletes I could find much about was Shelby Grover, Kent State freshman, who completed 2 heptathlon's this year and scored 4,971 at the MAC Outdoor Championships in May.

I am not really expecting Natalie will compete for a top 2 spot but I really can't be sure at all about that.

Comment

Might be able to watch here:

Nike Outdoor Nationals will be broadcast live from Hayward Field in Eugene, Oregon Wednesday through Saturday, June 12-15, 2024.The Nike Outdoor Nationals live broadcast will be free to view. On demand videos will be available here under RunnerSpace +PLUS. Signup here for RunnerSpace +PLUS.Broadcast Schedule. Start Time Pacific. Subject to Change.Wednesday6/1210:10 AMThursday6/139:00 AMFriday6/148:30 AM

Looks like Natalie ran in heat 2. She finished 6 of 6 with a time of 15.85 / 733 points. That puts her 80 points behind 5th and 240 behind the leader.

You have to pay to watch the replays but live coverage (at least so far) seems to be free. Looks like the high jump could be starting soon...not sure the field events are being streamed.

Comment

As I kind of suspected with the redshirt freshman Natalie Hill finds herself trailing the field fo 6 after day 1 of the heptathlon. She has 2,626 points which is 211 points behind the 5th place performer.

In her 1 previous heptathlon in early April Natalie scored 2,704 points on day 1. So, while it is a terribly small sample size she has not progressed much in the last 2 months. Of course, that can be affected by a multitude of factors. Tomorrow Natalie finishes up with the long jump, javelin and 800m run.

Updated After Day 2: Natalie finishes off her heptathlon in place in the field of 6 ahletes with a score of 4.377 points. Not a particularly storng peformance but not really too unexpected either. I am sure this was valuable experience fo Natalie. However, it remains to be seen if Natalie has the right stuff to develop into a strong multi-event athlete. At this point she does not seem to have any strong individual events she could focus on if the multi-event track doesn't pan out.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 13, 2024, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X