No announcement yet.

2023-24 Shocker Women's XC and Track & Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destiny finished 8th in the javelin. With the dreaded 800m run schedulled for 6:13 pm CDT. The 800 is also being conducted in 2 flights with Destiny in Flight 2.

Destiny is in 11th place with 4,974 points. Destiny close to or at the bottom of the field in the 800m. So hopefully she has enough cushion to hand on to a top 16 finish.

In the meantime Destiny is warming up for the open high jump schedule to start at 4:00 pm
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 8, 2024, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Open High Jump:

Destiny clears 5-7.75 and 5-9.75 on her 1st attempt at each height. Her cheeks looked a little flushed and reddish but otherwise she looks okay.

Comment

• The Women's High Jump has begun.

Destiny clears 1.72m, the opening height. Next, she clears 1.77m. Eleven jumpers Passed on the opening height, and two of those eleven are Passing on the current height it appears.

1.82m is next. There are two NH already including one at the opening height.

A miss at 1.82. A second miss. Only six competitors cleared this height on their first try. Third miss. 1.77m is her height, giving her a two-way tie for 15th place.
        Last edited by flyingMoose; June 8, 2024, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          A miss at 1.82.
          And not close.

A little better on her 2nd attempt.

3rd attempt was her best but caught the bar with he heels.

It appears Destiny will finish in a two-way tie for 15th after misses factored in which will earn her 2nd Team All-American honors.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 8, 2024, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• The Hept 800 M is scheduled at 613 pm CT.

Destiny is currently in 11th place in the Hept. Her SB in this event is 14th of the competitors. She is in the faster of the two heats, so I am assume that should help her.

Comment

The Hept 800 M is scheduled at 613 pm CT.

Destiny is currently in 11th place in the Hept. Her SB in this event is 14th of the competitors. She is in the faster of the two heats, so I am assume that should help her.
              Destiny's season best in the 800 is 2:28.28. While her PR of 5,749 points in the heptathlon ranks 14th in this field. However, her season best in the 800 is next to last in this field. If she can match her seson best time that would score 715 points giving her a total score of 5,689. I think hse has enough to hang onto a top 16 finish but she the 800 has always been difficult for her. She could run a lot slower than her season best.

I think the 2 heats are pretty comparable. If anything Flight 1 appears to be a couple seconds faster on average if you throw out the outlier time at the bottom of Flight 2..
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 8, 2024, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think the 2 heats are pretty comparable. If anything Flight 1 appears to be a couple seconds faster on average if you throw out the outlier time at the bottom of Flight 2..
                Oops! The numbers I was looking at were not talking about what I thought they were talking about.

Comment

• 717 for 5691 and 13th!!!!

Yes, she was last in her heat. :) Time was 2:28.11.

Comment

717 for 5691 and 13th!!!!

Yes, she was last in her heat. :) Time was 2:28.11.
                    A new season best. Picks up her 2nd Second Team All-American honors.

I'm sure after her first day performance she was hoping for more but I am also sur she gave it everything she had.

She did finish 161 points ahead of Rice's Eliza Kraule who beat her in both the pentathlon and heptathlon at this years AAC indoor and outdoor championships.

Comment

• Comment

• Shocker alum Paula Garcia wins the 100m at the Spanish Championships!

Strong final 40 meters from the 2022 Shocker Grad. Congratulations Paula!

image.png
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Wonder what her earnings have been including prize money and sponsorships?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X