Resignation of Drake WBB Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resignation of Drake WBB Coach

This one had slipped past me but I see that Amy Stephens resigned as Drake's womens basketball coach after 9 years about 3 weeks ago citing a difference with the School regarding their vision for the future of the program (whatever that means).

Apparently the Drake AD felt like their program had settled into mediocrity and needed invigorating.

She was replaced by 30-year old Jennie Liilis Baranczyk, a Des Moine native who played for Iowa and has had assistant coaching stints at Colorado (2 yrs), Marquette (4 yrs) and Kansas State (2 yrs).

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    This one had slipped past me but I see that Amy Stephens resigned as Drake's womens basketball coach after 9 years about 3 weeks ago citing a difference with the School regarding their vision for the future of the program (whatever that means).

Apparently the Drake AD felt like their program had settled into mediocrity and needed invigorating.

She was replaced by 30-year old Jennie Liilis Baranczyk, a Des Moine native who played for Iowa and has had assistant coaching stints at Colorado (2 yrs), Marquette (4 yrs) and Kansas State (2 yrs).
    I forget his name, but I believe there is a former Shocker Womens Basketball Grad. Assistant coach, who went to Drake, now he is gone with the head coach. With changes in our program, maybe he comes back.

Comment

Working...
    X