Lady Shocker Post Season Honors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocker Post Season Honors

Congrats to Jessica Diamond on being named 2nd Team All-Academic MVC.

Wichita State University's Jessica Diamond was named the Missouri Valley Conference Scholar-Athlete Second Team, the league announced today.

I anticipate more honors coming Jessica's way. I'm hoping she will be a 1st Team All-MVC selection, but we will see.

Haleigh will probably be in line for recognition also.

Maybe an honorable mention for Jaz and/or Chynna. We'll see.

Not sure if Alex's late surge will get her on the All-Freshman team or not. Probably not.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 7, 2012, 12:56 PM.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Congrats to Jessica Diamond on being named 2nd Team All-Academic MVC.

Wichita State University's Jessica Diamond was named the Missouri Valley Conference Scholar-Athlete Second Team, the league announced today.

I anticipate more honors coming Jessica's way. I'm hoping she will be a 1st Team All-MVC selection, but we will see.

Haleigh will probably be in line recognition also.

Maybe an honorable mention for Jaz and/or Chynna. We'll see.

Not sure if Alex's late surge will get her on the All-Freshman team or not. Probably not.
    Jessica All MVC 1st team, Haleigh 2nd team and all defensive. Alex all freshman team. They will need help from the freshmen to win the tourney. Jody said on her radio show that Kelsey is the only player that could guard Indiana States 6-4 center and did well against her last time. Hopefully Kelsey steps up and shuts her down and Alex and the veterans have a big game.

Comment

Congrats to Jessica, Haleigh and Alex.

After putting together one of the most successful seasons in school history, the Wichita State University women's basketball team was well represented on the various all-conference teams.

Jessica is our first 1st Team All-Conference players since Angela Buckner in 2004.

I would not trade Alex Harden for any of the other players on the All-Freshman team.

Comment

TBA tomorrow with my picks:

Player of the Year: Casey Garrison, MSU (A no-brainer)

Newcomer of the Year: Jamie Russell, ILS (Only newcomer on the 1st Team All-Conference)

Defensive Player of the Year: This is a tough one. I think Haleigh has a shot.

Freshman of the Year: Cartaesha Macklin, SIU (Very quick and scored a lot of points due to the one-on-one style of play her Coach allowed/promoted but not very efficient and turned the ball over a lot.)

Coach of the Year: Stephanie Glance, ILS (Probably will go to MSU Coach Nyla Milleson buy I think Coach Glance did the best overall job, although Coach Milleson did a good job bringing MSU back strong after their inexplicable loss to SIU)

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Congrats to Jessica, Haleigh and Alex.

After putting together one of the most successful seasons in school history, the Wichita State University women's basketball team was well represented on the various all-conference teams.

Jessica is our first 1st Team All-Conference players since Angela Buckner in 2004.

I would not trade Alex Harden for any of the other players on the All-Freshman team.
          We have the horses to win it. Let's get it done!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
            We have the horses to win it. Let's get it done!!
            We do have a few thoroughbreds. Could use a Clydesdale or two in the middle though.

Comment

Haleigh is selected as the MVC Defensive Player of the Year.

Wichita State's Haleigh Lankster was named the Missouri Valley Conference Defensive Player of the Year, the league announced Thursday night

Congratulations Haleigh. Well-deserved and hard-earned. Now let's see you go out in a blaze of glory.

P.S. Congrats to Hoopzdad also.

Comment

Well Casey Garrison as POY was not a no-brainer. POY went to Drake's Rachel Hackbarth. Considering she led the league in scoring (19.3 PPG), rebounding (11.7 RPG),FG percentage (53.1%) and a national best 22 double-doubles she may well have deserved the recognition despite her team finishing in a 6th place tie in the league.

All other specialty awards were as I picked them above.

Comment

Working...
                X