Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 NCAA SB Super Regionals and WCWS

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2021 NCAA SB Super Regionals and WCWS

    Super Regionals

    #16 Washington at #1 Oklahoma

    James Madison at #8 Missouri

    #12 Texas at #5 Oklahoma State

    Georgia at #4 Florida


    #14 Kentucky at #3 Alabama

    #11 Arizona at #6 Arkansas

    #10 Florida State at #7 LSU

    Virginia Tech at #2 UCLA


  • #2
    Washington came back and beat Michigan last night? Guess I turned it off too early .

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Washington came back and beat Michigan last night? Guess I turned it off too early .
      2-0 and 10-5.

      The other interesting finish was

      Texas 2-3(8) Oregon followed by
      Oregon 0-1 Texas

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

        2-0 and 10-5.

        The other interesting finish was

        Texas 2-3(8) Oregon followed by
        Oregon 0-1 Texas
        Washington was down 1-5 after 2 innings. It was 9-0 after that, including a big 7 run 4th. Watched it through the 5th. Washington's "just walking out" on their NCAA placement had me intrigued.

        Comment


        • #5
          A Super Regional result-

          #1 Oklahoma 2-0 #16 Washington
          4-2 and 9-1(5)

          Let me see. Oklahoma played some team recently that scored five and seven runs off them. It was, it was ... rats! the name escapes me just now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            A Super Regional result-

            #1 Oklahoma 2-0 #16 Washington
            4-2 and 9-1(5)

            Let me see. Oklahoma played some team recently that scored five and seven runs off them. It was, it was ... rats! the name escapes me just now.
            If only Washington had been given a chance to show they belong...

            Comment


            • #7
              A Super Regional result-

              #5 Oklahoma State 2-1 #12 Texas

              The Cowgirls are the last team to qualify. Let me see. Some team beat them two out of three this year, but the name escapes me just now. I must be getting old.

              Comment


              • #8
                Super Regionals

                #16 Washington 0-2 #1 Oklahoma

                James Madison 2-1 #8 Missouri

                #12 Texas 1-2 #5 Oklahoma State

                Georgia 2-0 #4 Florida
                Unseeded Georgia shut out the Gators twice.


                #14 Kentucky 0-2 #3 Alabama

                #11 Arizona 2-0 #6 Arkansas

                #10 Florida State 2-0 #7 LSU

                Virginia Tech 1-2 #2 UCLA
                The Hokies took the first game of the series.


                Edit: The losing pitcher for Texas today is the daughter of former Shocker, Carrie Brown.
                Last edited by flyingMoose; 2 weeks ago.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Go James Madison!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I popped off and said I didn’t think OU would win it all because they would run into elite pitching. Starting to rethink my stance.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      I popped off and said I didn’t think OU would win it all because they would run into elite pitching. Starting to rethink my stance.
                      As well you should.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The games start Thursday with the winners in each bracket playing each other on Friday. After that, some funky cross-bracketing begins. Each bracket is double-elimination with the bracket winners playing best two-of-three for the Championship.


                        Bracket One

                        #1 Oklahoma v James Madison

                        #5 Oklahoma State v Georgia


                        Bracket Two

                        #2 UCLA v #10 Florida State

                        #3 Alabama v #11 Arizona

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          I popped off and said I didn’t think OU would win it all because they would run into elite pitching. Starting to rethink my stance.
                          Okay I’m rethinking my rethinking after the Dukes win.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

                            Okay I’m rethinking my rethinking after the Dukes win.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Can’t believe no one is talking about the WCWS. Fouts vs Garcia today will be one for the ages.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X