Shocker SB Watching USF @ UCF and Hoping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You didn’t answer or refute what I said. Does our tie count as a loss, or not count?
    It counts as a 0.5 win and a 0.5 loss. The Shocks winning % is 18.5/24 = .771

If USF wins 3 they will be 18-5. 18/23 = .782

If USF splits the series they will be 17-6 = .739
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 8, 2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Darn, I was just getting ready to celebrate...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

6-1 UCF now. Six outs to go!

Comment

AAC Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            With USF having to go to their non-Corrick pitching and UCF having White available, the Knights have to feel good about their chances for a sweep.
            Good call flyingMoose

Comment

Congrats to all the Shocker Coaches and Players. Well done especially considering the Shocks were picked 5th in the preseason coaches poll.

Special thanks to the super seniors who came back and made it count.

Two big prizes in the bag today. A regular season AAC Championship and a 1st Round bye in the AAC Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You didn’t answer or refute what I said. Does our tie count as a loss, or not count?
                At the time I didn't have the time to properly respond.

Comment

Comment

Congratulations, Ladies!

Comment

Great season. Go Shocks

Comment

Seeding is in the air today.

The Shockers are the #1 seed and USF is the #2 seed in the conference tournament no matter the result of USF at UCF and Tulsa at Houston.

However, if Tulsa wins and UCF loses, then Tulsa is the #3 seed and UCF is the #4 seed. Any other result-combination and UCF is #3 and Tulsa is #4.

Feel free to check the math.

I suspect the Shocks would prefer that Tulsa is the #4 seed.

In another thread, I speculated that Arkansas canceled their games with us this weekend for their own Regional seeding reasons. There is another possibility. The Shockers could be sent to the Fayetteville Regional, and Arkansas chose not to give the Shockers a preview. Personally, my guess is the Shocks would be sent to the Columbia Regional, but who knows.
                        Last edited by flyingMoose; May 9, 2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Game Four

Kopko for USF and White for UCF. USF has nothing riding on this game, but UCF does.

UCF takes an early lead after two innings with a two-run homer in the second.

And that is how it ends. White gives up three hits in 6.2 innings. Mancha, also a senior, comes on to get the last out.

USF 0-2 UCF
                          Last edited by flyingMoose; May 9, 2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X