2021 Post Season Softball Honors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Post Season Softball Honors

A bit early for this but I needed a good place to post this goShockers.com report plus this is the first time this has happened at Wichita State.

Addison Barnard Named Finalist for National Freshman of the Year

https://goshockers.com/news/2021/4/2...-the-year.aspx

Addison Barnard's stellar freshman season garnered national attention Thursday when she was named one of 30 finalists for the Schutt Sports/NFCA National Freshman of the Year.

Barnard leads Wichita State in home runs (19), RBI (51), total bases (105) and slugging percentage (.808), while hitting .323 at the plate. Her 19 home runs and 51 RBI are both Wichita State single season records. Her 19 home runs helped Wichita State shatter the single season record for home runs, which was previously set at 59 in 2018. This year's team enters the final weekend of conference play with 81, a mark that ranks third nationally.

Barnard ranks in the top 10 nationally in RBI (3rd), home runs (5th) and home runs per game (7th).

She is the first Shocker to be named a finalist for National Freshman of the Year.

On May 13, the list will be trimmed down to the top 10 and the three finalists will be released on May 27. The 2021 Schutt Sports / NFCA Division I National Freshman of the Year will be announced on June 1.

I never know if non-subscribers can read the articles from the Eagle, but here is the most recent one about Addison.

Comment

You have to like her chances to at least make the top 10
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
      X