No announcement yet.

Lady Shocks Host Drake & Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I attended one of those games, and it was surreal.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I attended one of those games, and it was surreal.
      Was lucky enough to attend all 4. Great games and atmosphere. I was able to take the junior high girls team to one that came down to the buzzer. We played SWMO as well as anyone during Jackies years.

Comment

Go Shocks! Im in the house...would love to meet any of you there. Come say hi!
        History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopzdad View Post
          Didn't see this until after the game. Couldn't get WSU wireless Internet working today. Nice win by the lady Shox. Haleigh with 20 pts to lead the way. Good run by Creighton to close the gap but the ladies were able to nail free throws to close the door. My dad hates Creightons coach btw. He told me I had to mention that.

Comment

Were you carrying the little guy around at the High Hoops Club post-game dinner? I almost came by to introduce my self but at that point you were surrounded by team members.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 8, 2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Shockers take the next step with a hard fought 65-58 win over the beloved Bluejays to go 4-0 in MVC play for the 1st time in program history.

I thought Haleigh (20 points, 4 rebounds) and Jessica (13 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists) were terrific. In fact, our big two combined for 33 points and 12 rebounds vs 25 points and 7 rebounds for Crieghton's big two, Sarah Nelson and Carli Tritz, and that was the difference in the game.

I also thought Alex Harden had a very solid game with her 5 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 assists in her 20 minutes. Alex continues to grow and looks like she is going to be a very good MVC player.

The Shocks knocked down 19-22 free throws (Haleigh & Jessica were 12-12) vs 12-20 for Creighton which was also a key factor in the win.

Lady Shocks now get 5 days to prepare for Valley preseason favorite Missouri State next Saturday at 2:00 pm. We picked up a couple of hundred fans today I think but I can't think of too many reasons why anyone who thinks of themselves as a Shocker fan would miss next Saturday's game. You have plenty of time to plan and prepare. Time to walk the walk Shocker fans and join the bandwagon and get behind your Lady Shocks.

:poster_shocks:
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 8, 2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
                My dad hates Creightons coach btw. He told me I had to mention that.
                I'm sure your Dad is not alone. A very easy guy to dislike, unless your into whiny, moaning crybabies. If he spent half the effort coaching up his team as he does complaining about calls and working the refs they might have had a better chance to win the game.

Comment

Evansville defeated Bradley 71-59 at home this afternoon. That one surprises me a little bit.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 8, 2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
                    Was lucky enough to attend all 4. Great games and atmosphere. I was able to take the junior high girls team to one that came down to the buzzer. We played SWMO as well as anyone during Jackies years.
                    I think the only game Jackie won in Wichita was the game her Senior year. The games in her Junior and Senior years where both sellouts or very close to it.
                    I don't think anyone complained about not getting their money's worth either.

Jody confirmed tonight at the High Hoops Club post-game dinner that the K-State game was the turning point for this team. It was an embarrassing performance and the Coaches challenged this team to decide who they were going to be. The team has defined and accepted their roles and have committed to filling those roles to the best of their abilities. If they can keep playing this way there is no reason they won't be in the hunt for their first MVC Championship in program history. In any case, the ride should be a lot of fun so hop aboard the Shocker Express. Chugga, chugga Wu Wu!

Comment

Great win!!..Yes 1972Shock, that was me and Haleighs little brother. Wish you had come on by my friend. Maybe next time?
                      History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

[QUOTE=Hoopzdad;286578]Great win!!..Yes 1972Shock, that was me and Haleighs little brother. Wish you had come on by my friend. Maybe next time?

Haleigh is playing as she should, attacking the rim, getting steals and hitting the "J" when the "D" collapses. When she spectates the rest of the team gets sluggish, when she is in attack mode, the rest of the team is ignited. Mizzou State will be tough, but we're tougher. Go Shox!!

Comment

Great win!!..Yes 1972Shock, that was me and Haleighs little brother. Wish you had come on by my friend. Maybe next time?
                          Hoopzdad, check your private messages.

Comment

After this weekend's games, the latest RPI rankings have the Shocks at 83, up from 86. Missouri State leads all Valley teams at 49, while Creighton at 86 is the only other team in double digits.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Lady Shocks now get 5 days to prepare for Valley preseason favorite Missouri State next Saturday at 2:00 pm. We picked up a couple of hundred fans today I think but I can't think of too many reasons why anyone who thinks of themselves as a Shocker fan would miss next Saturday's game. You have plenty of time to plan and prepare. Time to walk the walk Shocker fans and join the bandwagon and get behind your Lady Shocks.
                              It was mentioned on the Jodi Adams show this evening that if you have a ticket stub from the men's game this Friday, you'll be able to get into the women's game Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                It was mentioned on the Jodi Adams show this evening that if you have a ticket stub from the men's game this Friday, you'll be able to get into the women's game Saturday.
                                Outstanding. Thanks for the info. They just reported that again as I am typing this. A ticket stub from the Bradley game will get you a ticket to the MSU game on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X