Lady Shocks at Beach Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks at Beach Classic

Unfortunately, this is not the beaches of Hawai'i, but Long Beach.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

The Shocker's opponent tonight is UT-Arlington. The Lady Mavericks currently stand at 1-5 on the season.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

The Shockers play either Long Beach State or Western Michigan on Monday.

Long Beach State 76-56 Western Michigan

Comment

Shocks with a strong 1st half are up 43-23.

Comment

Shocks cruise in 2nd half to finish of a solid 90-64 thrashing of the UTA Lady Mavericks.

Shocks continue to build confidence and depth as the ready for MVC conference play around the corner.

Homestanding Long Beach State should provide tougher competition tomorrow but is still a game the Shocks can and need to win to finish off their non-con schedule on a positive note.

Comment

In addition to radio via the internet, the game against Long Beach State will be available on GT.

Also, there is now a tournament page.

Comment

On the radio...

Shockers up leading by 2 with two minutes to go in second overtime. Go Shox!

Comment

Lady Shocks after being up 30-19 at the half have to battle through 2 overtimes pulling away in the last 2 minutes of the second OT for a 73-64 road win at Long Beach State. Jessica and Haleigh each hit big 3-pointers in the 2nd OT to give the Shocks the breathing room needed to close out the game. Haleigh lead the way with 22 points and played 46 minutes. Jaz had a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds.

Shocks finish the non-con portion of their schedule at 6-5, which is what I was pretty much expecting with this year's schedule. Will find out soon enough if they are ready for MVC play as they open up on the road against UNI and BU. A split on that road swing would be more than acceptable.

Correction: Haleigh had 24 points.

Addition: Shocks may have won this won from the line as they were a very solid 20-27 on their freebies. They also outrebounded LBS by 10. However, the did turn the ball over 22 times which is a little high even in a 2 OT game.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 20, 2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Its been a grueling NC schedule with many players being banged up and playing with pain. Hopefully we can get rested and healed this week. I agree with you 1972Shocker, a split with those first two games would be pretty good.
                History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Shocks rebounded very nicely from the drubbing the took at Kansas State winning two road games and a nuetral court game. Winning 3 in a row away from home has not been a very common occurrence (if it has occured at all) over the last decade.

The Shocks have improved their RPI from #248 to #135 with these 3 wins.

Comment

The distribution of minutes had a conference feel to them. There were six ladies with 26 minutes or more and two more with ten minutes with 50 minutes of playing time available with the two overtimes. The lack of foul trouble probably helped - no one had more than three. The minutes for Krystle and Kelsey have dropped recently. That may be due to injuries or a coach's decision. The minutes for Alex have increased, due to performance I think.

Comment

Haleigh played like the "best player in the MVC" she is which ignited the rest. Chrystal and Kelsey are not hurt, just not up to Jody's standards for now. Remember Chynna in the dog house, Haleigh in the dog house, Jessie in the dog house; it's a shared dog house, in my opinion, I have no insider info, but Pat Summit did the same thing. I'm sure Jody was in her dog house as well. Let's just win the valley!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X