Let's bring our "A" Game!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's bring our "A" Game!!

SMU comes to Wichita today. We need to cut down turnovers, get to the rim, which will get us to the line and play with lots of energy.

[QUOTE=oldtimewomen's hoopcoach;278463]SMU comes to Wichita today. We need to cut down turnovers, get to the rim, which will get us to the line and play with lots of energy.

Shox Win!! We played with energy, we got to the rim, but we didn't get to the line much; though we shot a great percentage from the line and field. Turnovers killed us or we would have won by 30. Chynna and Jaz got some offense and defense. Kelsey had limited minutes, but had 2 blocks, a handful of boards and 3 steals, so the inside players stepped up. Alex looked good and it was nice to see Nicole Wells get some minutes; not sure she fits in. Sancho doesn't fit. Haleigh showed what she is capable of. If I'm the coach, she gets the green light to go for 50 whenever she wants. Haleigh is a once in lifetime player. You don't notice it until she graduates. Turn Haleigh loose!!! Team is a nice concept, but sometimes you have to turn Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Bridgette Gordon, Haleigh Lankster loose. Let's keep it going Shox!!

Comment

I'm not sure why Sanchez is still starting or seeing the floor at all really. I'd rather see Molly or Alex get the minutes. Chyna's lack of effort kills me sometimes. I would almost prefer to see her on the end of the bench with Sanchez. Haleigh looked great. Glad to see Krystle back on the floor. Kelsey gets better every game as her confidence grows. Guessing SMU didn't watch much game tape as zones have given us fits this year and they played man most of the game. A step in the right direction though.

Comment

Normally when your opponent shoots 27 free throws to your 7 and you turn the ball over 26 times the outcome is usually not good. However, the Shocks used an early 20-0 run keyed by their defense to build a 24-6 lead and pretty much maintained that lead for the remainder of the game.

The Shocks made 27 FG's to only 13 for SMU and that was on 1 fewer attempt shooting 52% from the field to 25% for SMU and despite getting 20 more attempts SMU only outscored the Shocks by 10 from the line. The Shocks countered their 26 turnovers by forcing SMU into 23 turnovers of their own and actually outscored SMU 19-19 on points off turnovers.

Jody was able to lengthen the bench tonight a got a lot of players decent minutes including our 4 freshman Krystle (who sat out the last game for disciplinary reasons), Kelsey, Molly and Alex. I continue to like what I see from the two true freshmen, Molly and Alex, although they do make some freshman mistakes. OTOH, they both have shown me enough to think they can be very solid contributors in the MVC.

I think this team really needed a win like this for their collective psyche. It will be interesting to see how respond on the road at K-State next Wednesday.

Comment

[QUOTE=Shox1979;278527]I'm not sure why Sanchez is still starting or seeing the floor at all really. I'd rather see Molly or Alex get the minutes. Chyna's lack of effort kills me sometimes. I would almost prefer to see her on the end of the bench with Sanchez. Haleigh looked great. Glad to see Krystle back on the floor. Kelsey gets better every game as her confidence grows. Guessing SMU didn't watch much game tape as zones have given us fits this year and they played man most of the game. A step in the right direction though.

Sancho is a nice kid. Good JC player not fit for Div. I. Hopefully Jody will figure out her top 8 and get on the win roll. Again, Haleigh can play!! Why she just drifts and gets her 14-18 points is beyond me. She should be the "Go To player"
          This team has the players to win the Valley!!!

Comment

Gonna have to stop Brittany Chambers to have a chance in this one. She is really all K-State has. Should be a great game, can't believe it's not on tv though. How dissapointing

Comment

Working...
            X