Shocks at Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks at Arizona

The Shockers open a two-game west-coast swing with a game at Arizona tonight. The Wildcats are 2-0 after two road games in Georgia (Georgia Southern and Georgia State) and were picked eighth in the Pac 12. Guard Davellyn Whyte was a pre-season All-Pac-12 pick.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Here is their writeup about the game.

Another tough one for the Shocks.

UA can run out a 6'5" Freshman post plus three other athletic 6'2" players but their best player is 5'11" Jr Guard Davellyn White. She has scored 36 points in 41 minutes of play in their two games so far this season. 5'5" So Guard Candice Warthen scored 49 points in 65 minutes of play in those two games.

In those two games UA is 24-44 from behind the arc (54.5%). They are shooting 43.9% from inside the arc. They are shooting a very good 77.1% (37-48) from the line.

About the only chink I see is that they have turned the ball over 36 times in two games. However, they are averaging 83.5 points in those two games so these have been high possession games.

The Shocks jumped out to a big lead against UA in Koch Arena last year. Probably won't be able to sneak up on the Wildcats like that again this year.

Another chance for the Shocks to show they have grown with a good performance on the road against a very good team. Not expecting a win here, but would like to see a competitive performance from the Shocks.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 17, 2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Thursday's game at Arizona will be carried locally on KFH 1240 AM/98.7 FM.

BTW this game is an 8:00 pm CST start.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 17, 2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Thursday's game at Arizona will be carried locally on KFH 1240 AM/98.7 FM.
        Well, at least the women get FM coverage.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The GT link

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            Dunno.

Comment

down 35-32 at half

Comment

Shocks fall behind 17-4 after the frist 7:00 minutes, but work their way back into the game and then close the half on a 7-0 run to pull to within 3 at 35-32 at the half.

Hopefully, the Shocks have gained some confidence they can play with Arizona.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

Davellyn White with 20 first half points for Arizona. Can the Shocks slow her down at all in the 2nd half?

Comment

The GT link is alive at the beginning of the second half.

Comment

Shocks take their first lead of the game on a Haliegh's 998th and 999th career points. Krystle follows with a basket and the Shocks start the 2ndf half on a 6-0 run to extend their run from the end of the 2nd half to 13 points.

Comment

The Shocks hung tough until about 10 minutes into the 2nd half when Arizona started pulling away. Arizona lead 66-53. Shocks have no answer for Davellyn White and sounds like Shocks legs may be gone as their shots are not falling.

Comment

Shocks fall 74-60. The Shocker were very competitive for about 25 minutes, but as Jody said in her post-game interview that won't win on the road.

UA was 10-17 from behind the arc, including 6-8 by Davellyn White who finished with 34 points.

Comment

We do have a box score for this game:

Chynna with perhaps her best game as a Shocker picking up her 1st career double-double against good competition.

Jessica is probably playing the most consistent ball right now although I would like to see her cut down on her turnovers a little bit.

Haleigh only played 16 minutes (less than 7 othe players) and was not in foul trouble (she only had 2 fouls). Apparently, Jody must be trying to send a message or is not happy about something with Haleigh although I can't say what that would be. Haleigh had 7 points (3-6 FG) and 5 rebounds in her 16 minutes which is decent production. Perhaps it was her defense. Not sure if Haleigh was guarding Davellyn White or not, but doesn't appear we had anyone who was able to slow her down.

P.S. Hopefully Haleigh was not injured. I did not hear anything to indicate that was the case but I can't be sure about that.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 19, 2011, 09:58 PM.

Comment

1972Shocker Wrote: "P.S. Hopefully Haleigh was not injured. I did not hear anything to indicate that was the case but I can't be sure about that".

Not injured but not playing with the same aggressiveness that she ended last season with. Had a long talk with her after the AZ game. Im not real pleased with her effort and apparently neither is HCJA. I will say that her presence on the court gives this team the best chance of winning and sitting her down is not the way to get her attention.

I think she will show marked improvement if allowed to play through her troubles.

I am very pleased with Jessie's play off the bench and cant really understand why she isnt starting.

I know its early in the season and the coaching staff needs to assess the bench but the frequency and timliness of the substitutions is awkward at best.

This is a juch better team than the one that took the floor against Arizona. I sure hope they get it together quickly.
                              History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X