Alie Decker and Michaela Dapprich - WBB signees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alie Decker and Michaela Dapprich - WBB signees

The Wichita State University women's basketball program added two student-athletes for the 2012-13 season, head coach Jody Adams announced toda

DSB has a reference to this in the Recruiting Info thread.

Here is a photo and a little more info on Michaela:

Comment

I got to see Michaela play for about 5 mins last year. Was very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        I got to see Michaela play for about 5 mins last year. Was very impressed.
        Yes, that said 5 mins. Yes that said she made an impression that quickly.

Comment

What will be there position coming into next season,we do have darice on the team and since price is gray shirt we should have a real solid looking team,post play is a major issue though. Need tall thick players with good upside who arent afraid to get physical

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
            What will be there position coming into next season,we do have darice on the team and since price is gray shirt we should have a real solid looking team,post play is a major issue though. Need tall thick players with good upside who arent afraid to get physical
            That would be a good question for Jody's weekly radio call-in show. Not having seen either of these young ladies play it is pretty hard to say how they will fit in. Alie Decker sounds a little bit like Sarah Nelson at Creighton. My guess is they will be playing the 3/4 positions depending on matchups. Perhaps being brought in to take some of Chynna's minutes in the future.

Your right we could use a tall, strong post player or two. Had one last year in 6'4" Freshman Shannika Bryant but she left the program 7 games into the year which was quite disappointing. Not sure what the story was with Shannika and not sure what her status is currently as far as basketball goes.

Technically, Michelle is a medical redshirt. My understanding is a gray shirt is an incoming freshman commit that delays enrollment until the middle of the school year.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 30, 2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

The starting line up changes every game,we see that diamond and lankster can score at will. But who carries the load after them....once haley leaves we will need a true inside presence,jas plays soft sometimes,chynna isn't agressive,kelsy needs more pt.......who else are we recruiting??

Comment

Assistant Coach Kristy Guffey filled in for Jody on her radio show tonight as Jody was out on the recruiting trail. Kristy is the program's recruiting corrdinator and she did spend a little time discussing recruiting. She spoke very highly of both of our incoming freshman Alie Decker and Michaela Dapprich.

Sounds like we are pretty much done with the Class of 2012. We only lose Haleigh and Alicia from this year's team and, in addition to the two incoming freshman, we add Darice Fountaine to the mix and we get Michelle Price back.

Kristy said they have been focusing very much on the Class of 2013 as we will be replacing 5 seniors next year. She did say they would be willing to add another player to the Class of 2012 if a too good to pass up player came along, although I would say that is a long shot.

Comment

Yea help is needed on the inside I know that darice is going to be a baller for the team next year,outside of diamond will anybody else be truly aggressive and we need consistency from the 3 point line.....WE NEED A TRUE CENTER COACH ADAMS AND STAFF!!!

Comment

So I made a statement saying we need bigs,not just finesse like we have now but bigs that will rough it up and not be timid in the paint,member buckner,well,sudbeck!!!! Well here are some recruits who are still available Shay Brown a 6'3 four star player from queen creek,az and listed as a 91 on espn rankings. Only two schools looking at her.....jonelle britt a 6'2 post from washington,dc ranked a 85 three star player by espn,Sara Hattis!!!! A baller!!! 6'4 post from sante fe,nm ranked a 93 and four star on espn rank,only two schools recruiting....umm yea then there is 6'5!!! Macy keen out of tamarac,fla who is a 94 rank and 4 star espn rank. I kno sum may believe its a long shot but I know Jody and staff can recruit they just have to get on players asap and we have a great post player developer in our assistant coach so hopefully someone reads this and gets to recruiting!!! Go shox (fyi I got more recruits)

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                      So I made a statement saying we need bigs,not just finesse like we have now but bigs that will rough it up and not be timid in the paint,member buckner,well,sudbeck!!!! Well here are some recruits who are still available Shay Brown a 6'3 four star player from queen creek,az and listed as a 91 on espn rankings. Only two schools looking at her.....jonelle britt a 6'2 post from washington,dc ranked a 85 three star player by espn,Sara Hattis!!!! A baller!!! 6'4 post from sante fe,nm ranked a 93 and four star on espn rank,only two schools recruiting....umm yea then there is 6'5!!! Macy keen out of tamarac,fla who is a 94 rank and 4 star espn rank. I kno sum may believe its a long shot but I know Jody and staff can recruit they just have to get on players asap and we have a great post player developer in our assistant coach so hopefully someone reads this and gets to recruiting!!! Go shox (fyi I got more recruits)
                      Go Daddy!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I do wat I can just want to help out the ladies as well as the university because they deserve to have talent there way as well. Go shox!!

Comment

No new news on the recruiting trail huh.....I just want to kno where coach Adams and staff are at now.....they content with the current or working for more??

Comment

Any news on how these two recruits are doing this year and if Coach Adams and company are looking to add more??

Comment

Well here are stats on decker........http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/jVO...lie-decker.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X