Indoor softball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor softball

This might be in the wrong area ie recruiting, but if anyone wants to see some softball, there will be six of the top 50 teams in the country at the Mustang's Indoor Tournament this weekend. Some of these players may still be available.

Read about them here: http://hovpen.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1290597

And don't hang the messenger

The reruiting forum is essentially a branch of the men's basketball forum. IMO best to post recruiting info on all other sports on their respectiver threads or it will be quickly lost in the shuffle.

Comment

No Mustang Love for Me

Bob, I have had the oppurtunity to meet you several times and have a deep respect for what you do for HS sports, including Softball. Here is where we differ, the Mustangs refuse to send players to local colleges, but you still post about them. I maybe wrong, but Megan Davison (Derby HS) is the last Mustang Coach B was able to recruit.

Coach B, or staff, would be wise to look at the other teams playing in the tournament for future recruits, if allowed in the building. Mustangs send kids to the east coast where very few of us will here of them again. One player, Boston, transferred back to WSU from Syracuse because she was home sick. When I talked to her, she always wanted to stay close and play ball in the 4 -5 state area, not Syracuse.

Comment

Pardon, I don't see anything in my post refering to the Mustangs outside of six of the top teams in the country will be in their facility playing ball this weekend. WSU coaches would be stupid not to look at some of these players although I must admit, many of them are already committed. One team from Texas has 13 girls committed to Division I programs already. It is a great opportunity to see some good talent.

If the Mustangs have a player that coach B wants and she doesn't go after them, then she wouldn't be much of a coach then would she...Any coach who lets a HS or Club coach dictate who they could recruit won't be in the business long.
        However, honestly the Mustangs don't have a current player who is not committed that would fit immediate needs for the Shockers. The state is loaded this year however, and coach B got one of the near 20 girls committed D-1 to date. The Shockers top need is pitching, and they won't find an available player this year in Kansas. However, the sophomore class is loaded with them, and I know for a fact that Coach B is on them like flys on honey. I think she will do a good job, however, remember that respect is earned and it is a two way street.

BTW, I would probably have refused to send a girl I coached to play with the previous program too. However, I always thought that was a thing between a coach, a player, and her parents on where she played, not a high school or club coach. Most of the girls who went to WSU never got any better than they were in high school. This year, these young ladies have gotten better.

Comment

Originally posted by SBFan View Post
          Bob, I have had the oppurtunity to meet you several times and have a deep respect for what you do for HS sports, including Softball. Here is where we differ, the Mustangs refuse to send players to local colleges, but you still post about them. I maybe wrong, but Megan Davison (Derby HS) is the last Mustang Coach B was able to recruit.

Coach B, or staff, would be wise to look at the other teams playing in the tournament for future recruits, if allowed in the building. Mustangs send kids to the east coast where very few of us will here of them again. One player, Boston, transferred back to WSU from Syracuse because she was home sick. When I talked to her, she always wanted to stay close and play ball in the 4 -5 state area, not Syracuse.
          Well said. Respect is a two way street and the Mustangs deserve none.

Comment

Working...
          X