Shocker WBB Recruiting - Class of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker WBB Recruiting - Class of 2020

Courtesy of mumdaddy316 the Lady Shocks received their 1st commitment for the Class of 2020.

Emani Jenkins a 6-1 SG/SF out of Dallas, Texas has given a verball commitment to the Shocks and can make it official by signing an LOI in Novermber.

https://twitter.com/maniotwup/status...849268226?s=19

Here is Emani's HUDL page that contains some highlight videos.

Watch EMANI JENKINS's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: South Oak Cliff High School - Girls Varsity Basketball / SF, SG / Class of 2020 / Dallas, TX
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 16, 2019, 09:47 AM.

Very nice addition, hitting the recruiting trail hard

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
      Very nice addition, hitting the recruiting trail hard
      Agreed. Looks like a nice athlete with a very nice outside shot and generally a good skill set.

Good get by Coach Keitha and staff.

Comment

This article gives a lot of info out of Dallas. It also says she's 6'3". Read everything you want if you click the link. After 1 view it's a subscribed page.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          This article gives a lot of info out of Dallas. It also says she's 6'3". Read everything you want if you click the link. After 1 view it's a subscribed page.

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=...-9QNW5PFf1vD0A
          Good find. But I see her listed at 6-1 in this article. Either you misread that or I missed where it said 6-3.

Jenkins, a 6-1 guard/forward, ranked eighth in the Dallas area in scoring at 23.0 points per game as a junior last season and tied for second in 3-point shooting with an average of 3.2 makes per game. South Oak Cliff won the District 12-5A title and lost in the second round of the playoffs to Frisco Liberty, which went on to finish as the Class 5A state runner-up.

Comment

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought I read 6'3". I was wrong. I couldn't get back into the article a second time, so I went off of my (obviously bad) memory. I can access the article again today, so it appears that there's only a daily limit to reads of that articxle.

Some mighty impressive stats.

Shamaryah Duncan‏ @ShamaryahD
          Proud to say that I’ve committed to Wichita State and I am now a shocker Can’t wait for the successes ahead of me !

2:53 PM - 17 Jul 2019

Comment

Shamaryah is a 5-10 guard who shot 43% from the 3 point line as a junior this past season.

6A ALL-DISTRICT GIRLS TEAM: Offensive Player of the Year—Shamaryah Duncan, jr., Waco Midway.

Highlight videos avalable on HUDL: https://www.hudl.com/profile/9062798/Shamaryah-Duncan

Very interesting looking prospect. Good size and strength at the guard position. Good handles. NIce variety in her offense. Can get to the basket, uses her left hand well, nice mid-range game and very nice long-range shot.

3 seniors on this year's Shocker roster. 2 verbal commitments in hand at this point.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 17, 2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Coach Nichols already making an impact

Comment

Looks strong

Comment

Shocker commit Emani Jenkins is ranked No. 145 on this Top 150 list. That said I don't know that much about ASGR Baskerball. I am assuming this is a national list. If so, getting a Top 150 player is quite a get for HCKA and staff. I know that Emani had offers from Arizona, Purdue and Texas Tech (among others I'm sure).

According to this ASGR List Shamaryah is ranked #334 overall. Eman and Shamaryah combined give the Shockers a recruiting class rank of #42.

Also, after veiwing the available highlight videos on Emani and our other 2020 commit, Shamaryah Duncan, I'm not sure Shamaryah is that far behind Emani. Looking forward to finding out.

String a few classes of this quality together and the Shocks could be in business.

Comment

We have the two commits discussed above. Shocks have 3 seniors on the roster this year although HCKA is under not obligation to use all of her available scholarships at this point.

Comment

Emani Jenkins is signed and sealed. Hopefully, she can deliver.

Coach Adams on Jenkins: "Emani is a very athletic guard who can score, handle the ball, defend and rebound."
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 14, 2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

A player who has not been previously mentioned is signed:

Looks like a Juco transfer from Grayson College in Denison, Texas.

Former Shocker assistant under HCKA is the head coach at Grayson College. Ene is 6-1 forward from Nigeria.

Ene's stats from 6 games this season: https://www.njcaaregion5.com/sports/wbkb/2019-20/players/eneadamshmls

Not sure Ene played at Grayson as a Freshman. Not a whole lot on her.

My initial thought is she is perhaps a Raven Prince type of player although not quite so skinny.

Still waiting, hopefully, on Shamaryah Duncan.

Coach Adams on Adams: "Ene Adams is the first player I've ever signed with the same last name as mine. She's an athletic forward who can run the floor, rebound and knock down her free throws."
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 14, 2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Heeeeeeere's Shamaryah:

Coach Adams on Duncan: "Shamaryah Duncan is the type of player who can create her own shot with the clock running down. We think she'll be able to score the ball for us early on in her career."
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 14, 2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Three Sign Letters of Intent for Women’s Basketball

"We are fired up about the 2020 signing class," Adams said. "We're thrilled to have them join our family and we can't wait for them to get here."

Comment

Working...
                            X