X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsunet View Post
    Box Score from yesterdays games at OSU

https://okstate.com/boxscore.aspx?id...&path=softball
    Thanks for the link. I was mostly interested in seeing who pitched and how they did. Erin McDonald and Fr. Kirsten Nixon seemingly gave up the most. Erin gave up 3 runs on 5 hits in 3 innings. She gave up a solo homer in the 1st and triple, double and single in the 3rd inning. Kirsten pitched the 5th, 6th and 7th and allowed 5 runs on 7 hits. That inlcuded 4 runs in the 5th when I suspect Kiersten may have been dealing with some nerves in her 1st outing against a top notch D-1 opponent plus the Shock made 2 errors in the inning.

That 5th inning started with an error on Ryleigh Buck (I think) at 1B followed by a bunt single and a throwing error by Butters (presumably down the right field line) with the baserunner scoring on the play. That start certainly wouldn't do anything to settle whatever nerves Kiersten may have had. That was followed by an infield single to 3B and a ground out to SS to put runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. That was followed by a grounder to 3B that I'm guessing resulted in trying to get the runner at the plate but that was unsuccessful. So the 2nd run scores with runners still on 1sr and 3rd with one out. A sacrfice fly to CF scored the 3rd run and single down the RF Line scored the 4th run of the inning. So it doesn't sound like OSU hit Kiersten hard that inning at all.

In the 6th Kiersten opened with a stirke out, gave up single to center and then hit a batter. She got another stirke out berfore giving up an RBI single to right and then ended the inning with a pop up to left. In the 7th Kiersten gave up a single to CF, an infield single and a walk but was able to get out of the inning unscathed. OSU did have line at to CF and a line out to 3B in the inning.

Hard to tell for sure from a box score and play-by-play description but I'm not sure Kiersten's outing was quite as bad as the numbers might otherwise indicate on the surface.

Comment

Shockers Edge KU behind Seventh Inning Home Run

Shocks finish off their fall games with a 4-3 win over the Jayhawks with Lauren Mills providing the game winner on a 7th inning solo homer.

Another positive was Bailey Lange ptiching a scoreless 3.2 innings to open the game,

I did not find a box score..

Comment

RH: Shockers Pitching Staff Works Ahead

It will be interesting to see how the Shocker pitching staff responds to new pitching coach Morgan Lashley. Sounds like the initial reaction has been a little chilly...but an ice bath every day you pitch will do that.

Actually when I talked to a couple of softball players earlier this year at a meet & greet before one of the volleyball matches they really liked Coach Lashley.

HC Kristi Bredbenner is pleased with all her pitchers this fall and with Coach Lashley's instruction and emphasis on physical conditioning. In the spring, Bredbenner wants to use her six pitchers to disrupt batting orders. Coaches spent the fall looking at which pitchers might complement each other and give hitters the most issues with contrasting styles.

"Morgan has helped us all a lot," Junior Hailey Martinez said. "We're getting in better shape. We all have our own special skills and she realizes that.

Comment

Comment

The Softball schedule on GoShockers.com shows a final score of 21-1. Apparemtly no box score.

Comment

Comment

Plus 2 more signees to complete the class of 2020:

Comment

Bredbenner Receives NLI’s from Eight Signees

"The 2020 class has a little bit of everything - speed, power, athleticism, versatility, pitching and defense," Bredbenner said. "Each signee plays travel ball for a well-respected travel program in the Midwest, giving them the experience they need to be ready when they walk on the field as a freshman. Each of these athletes brings a unique personality to the Shocker program but they share similar traits: they all love the game and desire to play it at the highest level. Effort and attitude are the foundation with which Shocker Softball is built. We are looking forward to seeing what this group can accomplish if they show up every day at practice and games with a strong Shocker foundation. We are looking forward to this group putting on the Black and Yellow."

Open link to article to see synopsis and HCKB comments on each of the 8 signees.

Comment

Shocker Softball 2020 Schedule is out.

Overall looks like a very good schedule for the Lady Shocks. Certainly one that could earn them an at-large bid if they can take care of business.

Comment

That seems to be a pretty strong recruiting class. Good work

Comment

Shockers Tabbed Second in Preseason Coaches Poll

2020 American Athletic Conference Preseason Poll
                        Team (First Place Votes) Pts.
                        1. USF (6) 48
                        2. Wichita State (1) 39
                        3. Tulsa 34
                        4. UCF (1) 32
                        5. Houston 31
                        6. ECU 19
                        7. Memphis 12
                        8. UConn 9

Comment

"She's the hardest worker on our team," Bredbenner said. "I've come here at 8:30 in the evening, and Neleigh's out in the cages with the lights on, hitting. You

Comment

Not the first time I've heard that Neleigh is abusing sofftballs this school year.

Comment

Here's a way to support the team by buying some apparel:

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I had not previously noticed but the are playing the first 31 games of the season away from home this season. Their first home game is March 20th when they are schedule to open AAC play against UCF at home.

Of their 56 games on the schedule this year only 12 will be played at home. Last year we played 21 games at home.

It is what it is. Just found that a bit unusual.

Comment

Working...
                                X