2018-19 Shocker Women's Bowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-19 Shocker Women's Bowling

The Lady Shocks qualified 1 player for the 2019 USBC Singles Championship in Dayton, Ohio.

Diminuitive (less than 5 foot tall) senior Sierra Kanemoto, who is from Dayton, was the #7 seed.

Sierra won her Sweet 16 match 702-616 and won her Elite 8 match 683-677, Sierra lost in the final 4 to eventual champion Brenda Clemmer 202-204.

Congratulations to Sierra for an excellent effort.

Here is the Bracket

In the team Championship the Lady Shocks fell to William Penn in Round 1 to fall into the loser's bracket. They won 2 matches in the loser's bracket before falling to Duquesne with a trip to the Final 4 on the line.

Here is the Team Bracket
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 23, 2019, 02:24 PM.

I still think we should elevate the women's club to NCAA Status or perhaps even offer it in addition to the current program. I realize the way it's set up now that the bowlers don't qualify for amateur status but it just seems like a natural fit. We have won one national title in our existence. It would be nice to have another sport that could legitimately compete annually for another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
      I still think we should elevate the women's club to NCAA Status or perhaps even offer it in addition to the current program. I realize the way it's set up now that the bowlers don't qualify for amateur status but it just seems like a natural fit. We have won one national title in our existence. It would be nice to have another sport that could legitimately compete annually for another one.
      I am not knowledgeable enough about college bowling to have the answer but I wonder if switching from the USBC affiliation the the NCAA affiliation would help or hurt the program. Would they still be able to attract the same quality of bowler if they switch to the NCAA. I do think that if Gordon Vadakin really believed that was the best thing to do for his program than he would probably push for it. But that's not the case and I know Coach Vadakin knows a hell of a lot more about it than I do.

Comment

Congratulations 2020-21 Women’s Bowling team! It’s another great day to be a Shocker...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Congratulations 2020-21 Women’s Bowling team! It’s another great day to be a Shocker...

My brother you could have probably started a new thread for a National Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

My brother you could have probably started a new thread for a National Championship.
              Definitely should have... hopefully someone will start one.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I am not knowledgeable enough about college bowling to have the answer but I wonder if switching from the USBC affiliation the the NCAA affiliation would help or hurt the program. Would they still be able to attract the same quality of bowler if they switch to the NCAA. I do think that if Gordon Vadakin really believed that was the best thing to do for his program than he would probably push for it. But that's not the case and I know Coach Vadakin knows a hell of a lot more about it than I do.
                We would not attract the same level of talent. The USBC allows bowlers to accept prize money. The NCAA would not.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

We would not attract the same level of talent. The USBC allows bowlers to accept prize money. The NCAA would not.
                  At one time, and maybe still, some schools have had a way of competing in both the USBC and NCAA and do very well in both. A guess would be that they field a second set of teams whose bowlers do not play/accept prize money.

I bowled on the team just before Vadakin joined the team. I started making all the trips my sophomore year and found I just didn't have time with school and a job, but I had a great time. By the way, the lanes at WSU at that time were dubbed "The Doggy 8" by the team and I've got a trophy to prove it. Won a pre-season tournament there before the season started my freshman year.

Comment

Working...
                  X