No announcement yet.

Haleigh Named Pre Season All Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes, I recall that we did get a verbal from Alie Decker out of Edmund, OK for the Class of 2012. Looks like a decent get.

I must respectfully disagree with you on the K-State game. We will not destroy K-State. In fact, I would consider a win to be a nice upset. K-State returns 4 of 5 starters from a team that went 21-11 (10-6 in the Big 12) including their #1, #2, #4 and #5 scorers and rebounders. The return 71% of their scoring and 76% of their rebounding. They have a Senior transfer from Arizona (5'10" G Tasha Dickey) who does not have to sit out a year because she graduated from Arizona with one year of eligibility remaining. Her Dad is the offensvie line coach for the KSU football team. Furthermore, this game is in Manhattan.

We had Arizona all but knocked out last year at Koch Arena and let that one get away. Unlikely that we will sneak up on them in Tucson. I'm sure we will have their full attention.

Darice looked very good for Savannah State when they played the Shockers last year and I think she will be a good addition to the team. I would be very pleased if she proves to be the best player on the team next year especially if she buys into the team concept.

Comment

IMHO, I think we have a better shot at knocking off Arizona in Tucson than we do K-State in Manhattan. Arizona does have Davellyn White (15.8 PPG, 4.6 RPG) back who is a terrific player. However, they did lose 50% of their scoring and rebounding including 6'2" Ify Ibekwe (16.1 PPG, 9.8 RPG), 6'1" Soana Lucet (12.9 PPG, 5.5 RPG), 5'8" SG Brooke Jackson (7.3 PPG, 2.5 RPG) and 6'3" Amanda Pierson (a big body but only played about 10 minutes per game). Ibekwe was the PAC-10 Defensive POY last year. They do have a 6'5" Freshman center. Arizona is picked to finish 9th this year in the PAC-12.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hoopzdad;269309]http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500

:clapping I believe Haleigh is the best player in the Valley. Hopefully in her senior year she will realize she can take over a game. Last year she would sometimes give it up to a player not ready to score when she can take it to the rim anytime she wants. Championship teams typically have a game changer, one who takes over. Haeigh is our game changer. A healthy Chrystal and Kelsey will help. They may be redshirts due to injury last year, but they were at every practice and game last year which means they learned the Adam's way. It will take time for the new players to adjust. This is hard nose, intense, not for everyone hoops. Go Shox!!

Comment

I've always been impressed with Haleigh. Stupid fouls have been what have held her back the most but she seemed to improve on that last year. If she can stay on the court and the Shox do compete, she will most definitely be in the running for POY. The girl has game.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
          X