Recruiting class 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting class 2020

Haven't heard much on who coach ja and staff are looking to bring in or if they plan on adding more international. Anyone in the know please feel free to comment

Are they done for 2019 or just skipping it?

Comment

I assume this is for Women's basketball and that mumdaddy316 meant "coach ka" and not "coach ja". Since this board is for all women's sports except volleyball I find it help if the person opening the thread indicates which sport they are referring to.

That said I have no info on the WBB 2020 recruiting class. No doubt this team needs a lot of help.

I think we have 3 scholarships available for next year if HCKA fills out her full allotment of 15 scholarships. That would be the scholarships of the two departing seniors and the scholarship that opened up when Dawnyel Lair left the team. Whether or not there will be any other departures is hard to say.

As far as I know HCKA has only signed 2 players for the Class of 2019: 6-3 F/C Ashlei Kirven out of Beaumont Texas and 5-8 G DJ McCarty out of Desota, TX.

That would indicate HCKA has one open scholarship for 2019 IF she wants to use it. The spring signing period is from April 17th through May 15th.

Assuming no departures HCKA will have 3 or 4 scholarships she could give out for 2020 depending on whether or not she uses the 1 she has open in 2019.

No doubt this team needs some help and I think with 7 freshmen on this year's team (not counting Natalia Ryng who is redshirting) she has a class imbalance problem. I have been a little disappointed that HCKA has not been more proactive in dealing with this to this point. We'll see what happens going forward but HCKA probably new this team was not going to do much this year with their extreme lack of D-1 experience. IMO I think she should have redshirted Trajata Colbert and Jada Peacock this year in addition to Natalia (who may are may not become a contributor on the floor). If she had done that and then hold Dawnyel's scholarship over to 2020 she would have had 5 freshman this year, 5 next year and then 4 in 2020 (assuming she recruited all freshman. That would have been a good start on having better class balance. Of course, that presumes the players are willing to redshirt. I don't know if HCKA has the same philosopy as 3G does or not in that regard. That said HCKA may have a plan and it is just not apparent yet. The Shocks are not that far from being competitive in the AAC. Outside of UConn it is not all that great of WBB conference from what I have observed. I think the Shocks could consistently be a top half team in the AAC with better class balance. Hopefully, we don't find ourselves right back to where we are this year following the graduation of this big freshman class.

The early signing date for the Class of 2020 is November 13th to November 20th. We might hear or stumble across something before then but info on WBB recruiting is pretty limited.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 25, 2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X