WBB Staff Addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBB Staff Addition

Not sure I saw an announcement on this but I see that former SIU head coach Dana Eikenberg is now the DOBO for the Shocker Women's Basketball program.

Eikenberg did win an MVC Championship at SIU with current Shocker Head Coach Jody Adams on her staff and Shocker Assistant Carlai Moore as her star players. Jody was also on Eikenberg's staff at UMKC.

However, once Jody left SIU things began to fall apart for Eikenberg and the SIU program has pretty much been in self-destruct mode ever since then.

Here is an article from 2008 that reports on the SIU melt-down under Eikenberg:

Ironically, Jayme Sweere one of the players who apparently had issues with Eikenberg is a Graduate Assistant on the Shockers Strength and Conditioning Staff under Kerry Rosenboom:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Not sure if this hiring was driven more by friendship than merit or need and perhaps being the DOBO on a Women's team is pretty insigificant but it would seem to add another element that will require at least some monitoring by Jody. To the best of my knowledge this is the first time Jody has had a DOBO on her staff.

I don't really know if adding Eikenberg to the staff is good, bad or indifferent but is does at least add another moving part to the equation I would think.

No idea what happened in 2008...suspect the truth lies somewhere in between. But have met Dana and been impressed so far. The team seems to like her. And HCJA knew about the situation and added Dana to her coaching staff in a year where the Shocks are poised to have a great season.

Can't believe HCJA would do anything to jeopardize the tremendous progress the team has made, so I'll put my trust in her. If she thinks that Dana will be a positive contributor to the team, that's good enough for me until I have cause to think anything different.

Comment

Bumping due to 72's stellar prophetic insight and the link to the SIU article which is a must read. Ironically, Jody gets credit for being the good cop to Eikenberg's nastiness.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Bumping due to 72's stellar prophetic insight and the link to the SIU article which is a must read. Ironically, Jody gets credit for being the good cop to Eikenberg's nastiness.
        Thanks for bringing this thread/articles up. I knew I remembered something about Dana and Jody's relationship to their team at SIU and where I can up with the "good cop, bad cop" comment I made in the other thread.

Comment

Unfortunately, having Jody doing the monitoring was having the fox guard the henhouse. It is obvious that the oversight of the WBB program has been lax to the point of being at best incompetent and at worst empowering some very bad behavior.

Comment

Working...
          X