Fall Softball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    'Moose, I believe Danielle Glosson was a Senior this past spring. Also Drake's Jenna DeLong (also a Sr) was the MVC Pitcher of the Year for 2011. Non-Seniors on last springs All-Conference team included 1st Team selections Jamie Fisher Fr UNI and Natalie Rose Jr MSU and Becca Changstrom Fr CU, Megan Warner Jr ILS and Jordan Birch Jr ILS.

Glosson was Pitcher of the Year in her Junior year in 2010.
    My bad!! Apologies to Hovpen. I grabbed the top link on the set of All-Conference team links, assuming it would be the 2011 team. It was, of course, the 2010 team. Silly me. That's what I get for assuming and not reading.

Comment

Originally posted by SBFan View Post
      I have to agree with Hovpen about Mac Millspaugh. She recieved D1 offers, but chose to stay with her twin sister, Alex, rather than divide the family on game day. We are also hitting much better than last year, thanks to Coach B and Coach Ricketts.

The Butler SS is Ashley Malone, an overlooked player from Wichita East. Thank goodness she played for Shockwave and Renegades to grab Doug's attention.
      Given the make up of the City League, you certainly have to admire Ashley for staying at East for the High School season. However, we all know that the 20 game HS season, which is usually completed in 10 days of competition, is nothing more than spring training for what is becoming a very strong ASA or USSSA softball summer. I would look for Ashley to move to either third or first however for spring ball for Butler with a speed issue at the SS position coming into view.

Millspaugh has been timed at 68MPH this fall and has good control. Again, my opinion, but if WSU can hit her, they can hit anyone they will face in the Valley. I'd like to start seeing some positive comments about these young ladies playing for WSU this season.

Now I didn't see last year's pitchers in person, but Armagost and Sloan both threw well enough to beat a lot of teams if they can get run support. This team has the potential to finish better than last year. Has Vickers HR landed yet?

Comment

So would WSU have any chance at that Butler talent for next season?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          So would WSU have any chance at that Butler talent for next season?
          Butler had 3 freshman sign D1 last year so I would guess that they don't mind their players leaving after one year. But I am sure it is going to depend on what kind of relationship coach B has with coach Chance. Also, how does coach B feel about juco kids?

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Pitch View Post
            Also, how does coach B feel about juco kids?
            She has one: Jessica Viramontez from Maize HS via Paris (TX) JC. But did Coach B recruit her or is Jessica a walk-on?

Comment

A quick check of the ESU Softball rosters from 2008 to present shows Coach B has utilized several Juco players. The one that stood out was our Pitching Coach, Samantha Sheeley, a transfer from Indian Hills CC, listed on the 2008 roster. in 2009 and 2010 there were 3 Juco players on the roster with one listed for 2011. To answer QP, several of the players were from Butler and Johnson CC.

Comment

Working...
              X