No announcement yet.

Shocker WBB 2018-19 Offseason/Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am hoping that HCKA will address the status/prognosis of Cesaria and Dawnyel on her radio show Monday.

Comment

HCKA Post-Game Interview

Comment

After watching the very young and inexperienced Lady Shocks last night I am kind of glad our early season schedule sets up the way it does. The Shocks first 4 games are all at home and all against weaker teams or teams that are also rebuilding.

Arkansas-Pine Bluff was 6-21 last year with all 6 wins in the SWAC and 3 of their top 4 scorers from that team were seniors last year. They are picked to finish 9th in the SWAC this year and had an RPI of 331 last year.

Missouri State would normally be a challenging opponent but they are somewhat in the same shape as the Shocks in terms of yourth and inexperience. The have only 1 senior and 2 juniors on their roster with 6 sophomores and 5 freshman. So they aren't quite as young as the Shocks but they are pretty young. 6-2 Jr. guard Alexa Willard is a very good player and a tough match up and will present a good challenge for Carla Bremaud and perhaps Cesaria if she is playing by then. Missouri State did lose the frist of their 2 exhibition games on Monday but it was to defending D-II national champion Central Missouri 64-70. I doubt the Shockers would have won last night if Central Missouri had been the opponent.

Sam Houston State was 2-23 last year with an RPI of 336. They are picked to finish 13th (last) in the Southland Conference this year.

Houston Bapitist was 6-18 last year with all 6 wins in the Southland Conference. They had an RPI of 310 last year and are picked to finish 10th in the Southalnd this year.

So in a way this early schedule is essentially an extended exhibition schedule that counts towards your record. Normally I would hate this schedule but while this schedule won't prepare the team very well for what comes later it does perhaps provide the best platform for developing this very young team early on.

Comment

Working...
        X