Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Savannah State & Centenary College Transfers (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savannah State & Centenary College Transfers (?)

Last year the Lady Shockers thumped Savannah State 67-41 at Koch Arena. However, Savannah State had a sophomore guard, Darice Fountaine, that was noticeable for a couple of reasons. First she scored 25 of the Tigers 41 points and second she was a Kapaun-Mt. Carmel graduate. She was probably the best player on the floor that night, although her team overall was not very good.

I remember wondering how we could let her get away especially to Savannah State. I then discovered her Uncle was the President of Savannah State.

Now I see that Darice is listed on the Shocker roster for 2011-12:

I am sure she will have to sit out this year and will have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

Not sure what happened at SSU. She started the first 20 games of the season. In the 21st game she came off the bench and lead the team in scoring with 14 points (which was her scoring average last year). Not sure if she was injured or left the team at that point but she did not play in any of the 5 remaining games.

She was recruited by the Shockers out of high school.

Hopefully, Darice will be able to pick up some of the firepower we will lose after Haleigh finishes her career this year.

I remember watching her. She was very good. Nice pickup for the Shockers and great that she will get to play in front of her home town friends and family.
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I noticed another player added to the roster. Brittany Taylor out of Valley Center who has played at Centenary. This is Centenary College in New Jersey which I believe is a Division III school.

This one could be a walk-on, although Jody does have shcolarships available. Not sure what her eligibility is, but I don't think she would have to sit out a year.

Jody apparently filling in some holes in her roster in the sophomore class.

Comment

Brittany played at Centenary College her Freshman year.

She was not listed in their stats for the 2010-11 season so I do not know if she left the team or what the story was last year.

My guess is this is a walk-on. Sounds like she is a good student so she might be getting some academic scholarship assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Brittany played at Centenary College her Freshman year.

She was not listed in their stats for the 2010-11 season so I do not know if she left the team or what the story was last year.

My guess is this is a walk-on. Sounds like she is a good student so she might be getting some academic scholarship assistance.
          She was not listed on their 2010-11 roster in the media guide.

Comment

Confirmation of roster additions from Paul Suellentrop:

New Shockers — WSU's women's basketball team has added two new players.

Kapaun Mount Carmel product Darice Fountaine is transferring to WSU and will sit out the 2011-12 season. She will have two seasons of eligibility at WSU.

Fountaine (5-foot-11) played two seasons at NCAA Division I Savannah (Ga.) State. She started 20 games as a sophomore and averaged 14.0 points and 6.5 rebounds. She scored 25 against WSU in a 67-41 loss to the Shockers in December.

At Kapaun, Fountaine averaged 16 points and earned All-City League honors as a senior in 2008. She was a second-team All-Class 5A pick by the Kansas Basketball Coaches Association.

Brittany Taylor, a sophomore, is walking on. She played one season at Centenary College and averaged 8.7 points. Taylor is practicing and will play during the team's exhibition trip to Italy that begins Monday.
            Status is pretty much as speculated.

Welcome aboard Ladies.

:goshocks:

Comment

Working...
            X