Mizzou Cancels Mid-Week Softball Doubleheader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$5,000 buyout as suspected. Cheap.

I hope that Wichita State and the AAC bring this to the attention of the NCAA selection committee. I realize the committee will ignore it but at least send them a just thought you should be aware letter.

Hopefully, it pays off for the Shockers with a extra day a of rest heading into the USF series with an opportunity for an AAC Championship or Co-Championship.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 30, 2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I am kind of surprised it was even that much money. And to think that it was probably going to get rained out anyhow.

I don't mean to stray too far from the topic at hand but I did hear this weekend that Coach Bredbenner is high on the list of candidates for the Mizzou coaching job. If true, that adds an interesting layer to the whole buyout situation and whether our interim head coach was pushing for it or the AD.

Good luck against USF and maybe we will see each other in the Norman regional. That is if Mizzou is fortunate enough to make the field.

Comment

Sometimes rules and future contracts get changed after something like this.

I would double the buyout after the season begins, then double it again if done less than 10 days before the games are to be played. $5k, $10k, $20k.

Then from the NCAA side, wins against replacement opponents don't count (but losses do). If done within 10 days of the scheduled games, they are considered a forfeit. For RPI purposes, the forfeit losses should be counted as having been against the lowest RPI. So instead of it being two losses to #31 WSU, it's two losses to #296.

There could be an appeal process so that situations completely out of the school's control (such as a team tragedy) wouldn't result in the aforementioned punishments.

Comment

Now she's claiming it was a weather-related decision due to there being a tornado watch.

Newsflash, watches are issued hours in advance, not 4-5 days. Total BS.

Now had she said the convective outlook was favorable for severe weather, then maybe. But even that far in advance, it's very hit or miss and forecasts a span of four days, not one.

Comment

I do have to give Mizzou some credit for one thing. Seems like they were able to create more interest in WSU softball on Shockernet than the team actually playing has been able to do.

This thread: 25 responses and 494 veiws.

The thread on the 3-game ECU series last weekend: 11 responses and 291 views.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Now she's claiming it was a weather-related decision due to there being a tornado watch.
              What's the matter with the truth - playing the Shockers jeopardized their chances of qualifying for the NCAA Tournament. I can handle that. Making up other stuff - not so much.

Comment

Working...
              X